HAVAC

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

OK this is a post to the developers of FH, I wont be reading any replies, so any "fanbois" need not bother flaming.

My first impression of your mod is:

Graphics...

Impressive, some of the loading screens and map edits, customs maps are very nice indeed. Great job here!

Gameplay...

Very poor. What makes a online game great is balance. This mod is heavily unbalanced.

Suggestions for improvement.

Tanks : One of the great parts of being a tanker in vanilla battlefield is calculating the trajectory of your shells, and pounding your enemy through your skill. In FH and also Desert Combat, there is no skill involved at all, in using a tank.

Point, Aim Crosshair, Fire, Dead.

Trajectory analysis is a key role in tanking!! Please consider improving this!

Flak : Ok we got uber flak in this mod... one shot and the plane is dead. Its too much, you already nerfed planes so heavily already, which I will discuss next.

Planes : Oh where to start...

You removed bombs from the fighter planes and placed these heavy cannons.. ok.. so now its harder to kill ground armor, but still possible... I could live with that.

You totally fubared the planes agility, they fly like crap now, and so if you spot a ground unit, its unlikely you will be able to turn to kill it in time, unless you want to kamikaze...

I was REALLY disappointed with the planes... do you have something against pilots? :D

Foot soldier : No snipers, you made wonderful maps perfect for sniping, but removed snipers! What a shame.

Engineer rifles... ugh half they time they sound crap (on Kharkov at least) and they are so accurate, even from miles away.

Stationary MG's Too much firepower. You could sit in it all day, and keep everyone away.

This is all I tested so far, and it was a real disapointment im sorry to say :(

It makes me wonder if you even played the game yourselves, to allow such unbalanced gameplay in.

Conclusion

With a little more work, in balancing, adding trajectory analysis (if u dont know what it is email me I explain it), making planes more agile, this mod could be great.

At the moments its pretty very pretty, but it plays like a dirty whore :/

I hope you take these points into consideration, and maybe I would bother to download this huge mod again.

-------------------

ok once again, im not gonna read any more posts, so dont bother flaming, but if any mod developers want to contact me for idea consultation my email is on the forum account I believe.

Anyway good luck with improving it!

-SSLS- dEmOnSpAwN

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

16th September 2003

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Why not go play vanilla bf?

Lt. Valentine

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,679 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

are you stupid or something this is a realism mod!!! not something like DC or vanilla BF!!!!

The Jackalx2k

FHmod Developer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,214 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

No one posts in the right forum =(. There's a suggestion forum.

Yeah we've heard of these already. Planes we are working on. We won't change the tank firing trajectories, sorry. How about you use a bit more tactic while using a tank?

Thanks for your feedback though. =)

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

hes not reading why reply.

Lt. Valentine

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,679 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

dunno i just need to say that

The Jackalx2k

FHmod Developer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,214 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

I pretty much replied just in case anyone wanted to hear his questions answered. I just threw in the thanks just cause I'm used to being nice D:

Besides he's probably logged out of his name and reading the replies anyways. ;)

Lt. Valentine

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,679 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

ya he problay did and then came back as a guest to see the replies the wuss

Robthezombie/mk.2

#1 Canadian Psychopath

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,693 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

Well if he's not reading the replies why bother reading the replies or even risk this becoming a flame war ?

*pushes the ominous big red closed button so that this won't turn into a "fanboy flame fest"*

ArminAce

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

21st December 2002

0 Uploads

678 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

i understand why you postet this

but please compare your feelings about this mod with other ones from tdifferent forums/threeats

for example ...you say here a tank is to hard .... in the next one its right ....and in the next one they are too weak...

in fact you cant compare the gameplay with vanilla bf where its more arcade so that everyone can be an one man army if he has enough skill

in fh you have to work as a team or your team will quickly lose ! you dont have really a chance if you are alone ....

try it again online and follow my commend, and you will agree with me

the armor values are close to be ralistic ... but fun ist still there .... every tank has his weakpoints (resarch a bit in the inet and you will find them.... just look on original armour values and armory.... you can use this knowledge in FH) also range has a major role

for example ...the weak point of the most russian tanks is the range ... they arent able to penetrate armour in long distance battles (advantage of the german vehicles) ... thats why an average german tank looks so much overpowered when you try to engage it on a long distance with an t34

YOU have to change your gamplay from VANILLA BF to FH style or you will lose....

try it and you will see its a lot of fun to work as a team .