Bush/Cheney 2004 apparently

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

526 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Hey there,

I've not played the 0.61 online yet so forgive me if this is blindingly stupid, but I've been playing a few empty LAN games to get a feel for 0.6 and Crete seems a bit... well, odd.

So far as I can see there are no flags and no vehicles, only one spawn point for the Germans on the hill and three for the British. The German Fallschirmjager skin isn't there (which I thought was made primarily for this map), there's no aircraft, and they don't even spawn in parachutes.

It seems to me like either 1. its a beta that slipped the net 2. I have a buggy version 3. for some reason only servers need the full map, and what I have is exactly what I should and if I want to host LAN games using the client version then no wonder I'm having problems.

Now I hope its 3., because I can't imagine it being the other two. Apologies again, knowing how anti-'n00b questions' we all are at the moment, if this is a stupid topic, but I can't figure it out. Anyhow, cheers if anyone can throw some light on this.

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Huh?.. Try it online. It works fine

The Jackalx2k

FHmod Developer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,214 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Maybe there's a problem with it on singleplayer?

Definately a problem on your side :D

ZR2man

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

113 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Make sure you are playing it in conquest.

ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

2,134 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

you could have the wrong version of the 0.61 patch, right click on the installer, press properties and look at the size, if it's not 44.8mb then it's the wrong version

Mike 51

Bush/Cheney 2004 apparently

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

526 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Its 44.8 MB. Got it from the Limitless-Hosting.com mirror.

Could someone else maybe take a look? Just create a LAN server with Crete as the only map..?

Otherwise, sure, as soon as I play online I'm sure it will straighten itself out. One week and counting. ;)

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

you sure you're playing conquest? There's no single player or CTF or any other modes for it.

PanzerAce

Some Guy...

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

736 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

hey pierce, whats up with fhmod.com?? (i know this is OT)

Hedgemus

I Like Pie!

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

284 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Acomba MikeHey there,

I've not played the 0.61 online yet so forgive me if this is blindingly stupid, but I've been playing a few empty LAN games to get a feel for 0.6 and Crete seems a bit... well, odd.

So far as I can see there are no flags and no vehicles, only one spawn point for the Germans on the hill and three for the British. The German Fallschirmjager skin isn't there (which I thought was made primarily for this map), there's no aircraft, and they don't even spawn in parachutes.

It seems to me like either 1. its a beta that slipped the net 2. I have a buggy version 3. for some reason only servers need the full map, and what I have is exactly what I should and if I want to host LAN games using the client version then no wonder I'm having problems.

Now I hope its 3., because I can't imagine it being the other two. Apologies again, knowing how anti-'n00b questions' we all are at the moment, if this is a stupid topic, but I can't figure it out. Anyhow, cheers if anyone can throw some light on this.

I had this same problem. You need to delete everythnig that is related to Forgotten Hope in the BF42 mods folder, such as earlier versions and the fan map pack and then reinstall the new .6 version and then the .61 version. Doing that should fix your problem.

SilentKiller213

N/A

50 XP

5th March 2004

0 Uploads

165 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago
PanzerAcehey pierce, whats up with fhmod.com?? (i know this is OT)

Everyone downloading at once killed the bandwith for fhmod.com and bf1942 files. Or maybe a dns error. Host went kaput? WHo knows. Even codfiles.com is down. Callof duty files that is. There is no fallschrimjager on crete??

We can't find "codfiles.com"