Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Here you can have your opinion translated in numbers that say something how the community feels about the changes.

That way the devs can see better how well the changes are liked, or maybe disliked.

Keep in mind for the AT infantry weapon issue in FH 0.6 we have got more (realistic) ways to fight tanks on longer ranges now, such as (AT) field guns, artillery, other tanks, tank destroyers and aircraft. Infantry AT weapons are now really short range use weapons.

The rifles are less usefull on short ranges/ waving them around. That makes smg and pistols more usefull, underrated weapons in FH 0.5, and more realistic.

BTW : PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO VOTE ON THE FLIGHT PHYSICS POLL ASWELL !!

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Where's the poll part?

Anyway, I think rifles are fine, panzerfaust is ok too, could be just a little shorter though.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Right here......can't post it at the same time as the main thread....

SilentKiller213

N/A

50 XP

5th March 2004

0 Uploads

165 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Would of thought merciless creations would of put there crosshair selector in FH way back form 1.4.

ZR2man

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

113 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

All crosshairs should be alittle faster. I have died so many times using support MGs now, waiting for my crosshairs to close. I can't play support now. :(

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Maybe you should start using it as support instead of some sort of rambo? I can get huge amounts of kills with it, especially on small maps like foy.

Flokken

The Piat+n02 are my friends ;)

50 XP

1st July 2003

0 Uploads

163 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

I think all is perfect. I have to make a compliment to the fh-team, that with 0.6 the good old feeling of 0.5 hasn't died. Forgotten Hope has still the same touch on it :)

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Although this is probably exactly the opposite of what you'd expect me to say... I think we should give it some more time before we vote. The mod is only 3 days old.

From my first impressions I am going to go with 'AT weapons need to close faster and be more effective'. Limiting the class was the purposed balance, but the team didn't add that. I think they overcompensated a bit with the accuracy. The weapons should not take as long as they do to center on a target. It's hard enough to use them as is.

Flokken

The Piat+n02 are my friends ;)

50 XP

1st July 2003

0 Uploads

163 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago
'[CNIOhioan']Although this is probably exactly the opposite of what you'd expect me to say... I think we should give it some more time before we vote. The mod is only 3 days old.

good call :) I think we need more time to objectively say wether the crosshairs should be closing faster or not.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Although i agree with you Ohioan i started the poll now.....in a few weeks nothing is stopping someone to re-evaluate it with a new poll.

I like the rifles and the AT weapon slow crosshair closing. That way rifles can't be used as close range waepons very well, and AT weapons need to be deployed as defensive weapons, as in : they got to wait for a tank to close in on their (defensive) position.....AT infantry weapons are now properly useless for tank hunting. ( ramboing )

Now smg/pistols are more usefull weapons, and tank warfare became more real life ( not less lethal at any rate ) without bunnyhopping rocketlaunchers/rail gunners....

I think all is perfect, in infantry weapons :thumbsup: