Lt. Havoc

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

131 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

This question has come up again and again, here and there but I've got some specific issues I'd like to learn. Originally it was said that the people at FH didn't have the time to convert custom maps and include them. If we mappers wanted our maps to be FH material we would have to do the converting. Then they could review and decide whether to add them to their officially supported map library. Is that still true? I've spent a couple weeks now converting our "4 maps 4 theaters of war" map pack and 3 of the 4 are nearly done. Still it won't do any good if the maps aren't packaged with FH. Currently custom maps aren't played in BF ofetn enough so imagine its a custom map for a mod. The percentage of players shrinks with each step.

How can I get the map-pack to you guys for review? E-mailing a 80-109mg file won't work. Uploading it to filefront or fileshack won't make it exclusive. How soon before the next update? Will their be a 2 part update again? Our maps are same in quality of FH's premium maps (Karelia, Orel).

Next issue: Our Rabaul map could be far more complete once I know which Jap. vehicles will be used. I mean the new Japanese scout car and 1/2 track which came with 1.5 or are the guys from Pacific shores implementing their stuff starting with the next patch. Its fairly complete now but I'm sure you're reworking the PT boats and finishing up the PBY. I really want to keep it in line with all the FH maps.

http://www.bf1942files.com/file.info?ID=18768 check out the screens of the original maps here.

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

check your PM's

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP