Rathole

Take one for the team

50 XP

24th March 2004

0 Uploads

117 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

With planes, one of the things people seem to complain about (and rightly so, it seems) is not getting a kill when someone bails out from a dead plane. I come from a CFS background, where the last pilot to put lead in the plane gets a kill if a plane crashes into the ground trying to maneuver. In BF/FH this doesn't result in a kill for anyone. As for bailing out, I know I do it when I can. Why not it's in the game, right? Well, I guess I feel a little guilty about it. I do try to say good kill to someone if they shoot me down and I bail out. But, I've been thinking, maybe I should just go down with the plane and let someone get the kill. Of course, I guess it depends on how you perceive/play the game. Is it all about racking up kills, or is contributing to the team effort the goal? If racking up kills is the goal, then dieing with the plane is the way to go. Let the other pilot get his tally. However, if contributing to the team is the goal, then it doesn't really matter if you bail or not, the plane has been shot down and that is ultimately more important than the pilot. Thoughts? Flames? Suggestions? JTM

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

I hate it when people bail out, especially if they don't have a chute. I always go down with the plane when I get shot down by an enemy plane, but when I got shot by AAA I only bail if I have a chute. Though I hardly ever take a parachute kit.

In real life bailing out even with a parachute would get you killed at the altitudes you're flying at in BF. So it's just really unrealistic. Furthermore, parachutes should have somekind of a delay, and so should getting out of a plane.

MG42Maniac

A man of dubious moral fibre

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

3,932 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Lock em into the plane and watch em die.

Eiserner Bär

Ich bin ein Auslander.

50 XP

9th January 2004

0 Uploads

63 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Well, if you have a parachute, then by all means, get the hell out of a plane that's going down. Folks did that, too, in real life, believe it or not... If you don't have a chute and you're just doing it out of spite, then, frankly, you're being a dick. My $0.02, anyway.

Oxide

Malaj

50 XP

18th October 2003

0 Uploads

250 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Aslong as you keep up air superiority nothing else matters. If you are worried about kills, go play UT2k4 DM.

Schpetzka

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

177 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

If I have a chute I'll gladly bail out of my plane. Sorta off topic here but if someone almost sinks my ship I'll stay in it so that credit is given to whoever worked so hard to sink me.

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago
OxideAslong as you keep up air superiority nothing else matters. If you are worried about kills, go play UT2k4 DM.

That's what I keep telling myself, but it doesn't end the nightmares :(

In real life people bailed out, yes, but not in an instant. They'd have to move the canopy in most cases and climb out! Often while the plane was on fire and with smoke everywhere. That takes a while to do.

and great sig Schpetzka. :D

PanzerAce

Some Guy...

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

736 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

well, i think that if possible, make it so if your not a pilot, you cant get out of the plane unless the landing gear is down, that way, the engies can still land and repair, but have to go down with the plane if its shot down, but the pilots can still bail out, that way you actually get kills as a fighter pilot, AND you make more people want the pilot class.

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Well if your a Pilot class you might aswell bail out, even if you have been shot down. I mean, thats what the Pilot class is meant for. But if you jump out without a parachute, simply because you don´t want your enemy to get the point then you´ll loose a point for dying. So, you basicly have the choice, +1 kill for you enemy or -1 point. If I don´t see any chances to survive, I gladly go down with my plane but some people are just so used to bailing that they don´t think about it. But I mean isn´t it the same with every vehicle ? I mean if the tank driver bails out just before his tanks goes putt, you don´t get the kill either. The only real difference with planes, is that its fairly difficult to shoot someone out of the sky...

Froggin_Ashole42

My nationality? I'm a mut.

50 XP

5th March 2004

0 Uploads

530 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Well,how about a canopy?Use the arrows to unroll it?