Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#41 15 years ago

Yeah, quitte a while after retail bf1942 was released somebody mentioned first on a bf1942 forum players were farting and screaming when freefalling, i first not believed them....

It wasn't that easy in original bf1942 to get that high without DC jet fighters or helicopters......it would not happen on normal bf1942 fighting altitudes that is for sure, you had to climb a long time.....so it took a while someone in a experimental mood found out i guess.....

urseus

|LAB|urseus²

50 XP

8th May 2003

0 Uploads

263 Posts

0 Threads

#42 15 years ago

I think it should be left exactly the way it is. Once i was in the bomber on midway getting hammered, so i steered it onto the runway and belly landed it and jumped out as it slid ito a wall and exploded. People on the runway commented on how fantastic an emergency landing that was. If you introduce a delay that wont be able to be done. Not that anyone plays forgotten hope in the entire southern hemisphere anymore. Im already bored of vietnam.

Formerly Human

PsP Leutnant for WaW Axis

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

383 Posts

0 Threads

#43 15 years ago

You know though, most times when you jump out of a tank you just die anyways from the explosion of the next shell hitting your tank. And in my opinion, the damage chain should go on after ejection. A death caused by striking the ground as a body should be like when something hits your plane and you crash into a mountain. They should get your kill. I actually remember a time when i shot a plane wiht a nambu and he hit the ground seconds later and it said i nambued him

[11PzG]matyast

[11PzG] clan leader

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,175 Posts

0 Threads

#44 15 years ago

I k98ed a B25 once.......

MG42Maniac

A man of dubious moral fibre

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

3,932 Posts

0 Threads

#45 15 years ago

I have been shot outta my B-25 while at speed on Gazala by some MG34 nub more times than I care to remember.

Shade_PW

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

761 Posts

0 Threads

#46 15 years ago

Something should be done about bailing out. Perhaps it could be coded that when you press the e to bail out it would activate after 3 - 5 seconds?

On the side note: If I'm shot down and dont have a chute I usually let the guy get the kill. What's fair is fair!

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#47 15 years ago

I don't see it as fair or unfair. Again, the issue of the kill translating into points is immaterial. I shot down the plane. That's a kill. One less plane in the sky to harass my team. There's so many things in this game that don't earn you points, but that people SHOULD be doing that it's insane. Let's review a few here, shall we?

1.) Destroying unmanned enemy vehicles at an uncapturable spawn -- denies the team firepower.

2.) Healing teammates (not in FH so much, but still).

3.) Repairing vehicles as an engineer.

4.) Spotting for artillery.

5.) Suppressive fire or manning an MG on a bomber or fighter/bomber -- you can protect and keep a bomber a fighter off your tail or at least discourage it, even if you don't kill it.

6.) Providing covering fire for a friendly unit.

7.) Driving a halftrack to move troops from position to position.

8.) Calling out enemy positions. "Enemy ship spotted!"

9.) NOT being a smack who blows up his own vehicles.

10.) PLAYING DEFENSE.

All these are examples of things that people SHOULD do that do NOT score points, but which considerably help the team. Points clearly are not important. Ask yourself this. Do you have more fun when your team wins or when you're at the top of the list? If the answer is the latter, rather than the former, then you're not a team player. Even if you're helping your team, you're not a team player. If you're a team player, your goal is for your TEAM to win, not for YOU to win. Big difference.

I'm not saying that people who score points for their team don't help it, but plenty of people who get zero points in a match have done a lot that deserves recognition, even if the game engine isn't sophisticated enough to award points for it.

scion

I post to get attention

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

67 Posts

0 Threads

#48 15 years ago

What about having the bail out location actually inside the cockpit. A canopy could be implemented, as mentioned. The player would have to open the canopy, "exit" the plane, and then physically jump out of the plane. This would take time, and help a lot i believe. You could have a disadvantage to having a open cockpit, like making flak kill the pilot really easy, or be able to be mg'd out really easily, making it an attractive option to fly with the canopy closed.

The canopy should open really quickly as well, just to assist in the process.

Cyb3rwarrior

I hate hollywood.

50 XP

16th September 2003

0 Uploads

251 Posts

0 Threads

#49 15 years ago

'LIGHTNING [NL']That's what I keep telling myself, but it doesn't end the nightmares :(

In real life people bailed out, yes, but not in an instant. They'd have to move the canopy in most cases and climb out! Often while the plane was on fire and with smoke everywhere. That takes a while to do.

and great sig Schpetzka. :D

remember, some people (mostly american in pacific) flew with there canopies open, because they COULD get out faster.

2ltben

Shpadoinkle

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

261 Posts

0 Threads

#50 15 years ago

I wish we could crashland planes instead of having to blow up when we touch the ground. One reason why I flock to Sturmovik for flying.