ArcherMH

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

29th April 2003

0 Uploads

38 Posts

0 Threads

#51 15 years ago

Personally when I play BF or any other game, I do it for fun. In BF/FH, if I fly, it's because I feel like shooting plans down or provide air support. If I'm in air combat, I do it to destroy the plane. If they bail out, I'll obviously try to kill them and at the least broadcast "Enemy Infantry Spotted" even though people rarely respond in my experience. If they have a chute, I have no problem with getting out - it makes sense and historically it was done by most air forces. If they don't have a chute, well, they die anyways and I destroyed the plane, so its just as good as killing them in the plane IMO. However, I think a delay to exitting the plane would be good, and if possible modify the keys so when you press 'E' to get out, you get out 3 seconds later, and half a second after that you pull your ripcord. The only reference to not pulling your ripcord immediately was somewhere above angels 10 because you'd die from not getting enough oxygen to breath.

As for crash landings, if you're on land and you can get lined up its fairly easy, just have don't put it down too hard and go full reverse just prior to touching down. Once you've slowed enough to get out safely do so, your plane stops, and the gear comes down, lifting the plane off its belly (gear at least in BF, I'd assume the same holds true in FH). I've done this with several planes (I've done it with the F4F, SBD, and B-25 in the last day or two at least) with varying damage. The times I've survived I've taken from about 50% damaged to taking no noticeable damage (ie the health bar for the plane didn't change).

tvih

The Village Idiot from Hell

50 XP

30th December 2003

0 Uploads

718 Posts

0 Threads

#52 15 years ago
IvanIt's the same with tanks. You should wait at least three seconds until you jump out of a tank, since noone could just jump out the second it has been disabled. And they definetely didn't have a rifle, grenades/expacks and so on. If they had anything, they had a pistol...

Well, the "official" equipment was a pistol, but from what I've read, it was very common for tank crews to "evacuate" better armament to themselves. Like Finnish tank crews took SMGs from dead enemy soldiers to their tanks whenever they found them, if they didn't have such weapons already. In effect, the Finnish tank crews were almost always armed with an SMG or an automatic rifle, and often grenades too. I don't imagine the situation to have been too much different with other nations either, at least from the stuff I've read about 'em. Of course not all crews have more than a pistol. Oh well, goes to rambling already, so I'll just shut up :)

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#53 15 years ago

I posted this in the thread regarding the plane's ejecting water-rafts Why not make planes have an openable canopy, activated by up/down keys (same way landing crafts and the deployable flak is activated). Then move the exit points from the plane "into" the canopy, so if the pilot exits, he will be stuck inside the canopy (inside the model). This way, the pilot will first have to fully open the canopy, then exit the plane (thus appearing on top of the model) and only then actually jump off the plane. This will be both realistic and will provide the "delay before exiting"

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#54 15 years ago

Yeah, but it could also cause problems for people getting out of the plane itself. Depending on where you place the canopy and how far up the exit point "ejects" you, jumping out of the plane could prove impossible with the BF engine. This would kind of defeat the whole purpose of the pilot class.

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#55 15 years ago

Agreed, but isn't that the whole point: make bailing more difficult then just "click-e-and-open-chute"

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#56 15 years ago
Solo4114Yeah, but it could also cause problems for people getting out of the plane itself. Depending on where you place the canopy and how far up the exit point "ejects" you, jumping out of the plane could prove impossible with the BF engine. This would kind of defeat the whole purpose of the pilot class.

The purpose of the pilot class was to defeat flag cappers.......and that it did. You should know that. :uhm:

When fighter armour/damage is looked after things will be diffrent again and we don't need delayed bail out's and stuff like that.

Fighters now in FH 0.6 got rediculous armour, while in reality they should not take more then 2-3 seconds before exploding or falling apart, a fighters defence is not armour but manouverebility ( wich they lack also in FH 0.6 but that is well known ) For bombers the armour is fine. When fighters again explode in 3 seconds there will be less bail outs.

I have a feeling the fighter to fighter damage became this unsatisfactory way because we wanted bombers to be more survivable. Instead of giving bombers better armour values, it looks like a solution was chosen to not fire all weapons at once but in sequence wich drastically reduced damage on all targets. This ofcourse gave damage on bombers the desired result, but effected damage on fighters and groundtargets too, but in a unrealistic and negative way.

2ltben

Shpadoinkle

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

261 Posts

0 Threads

#57 15 years ago

If you really want to keep score then just tak your overall total and add a point to it when the plane goes down by your gunfire. For example, I have 23 kills in BF1918, I add a point when the guy is flamed by me or is caused to kill himself trying to get away from me(I only count planes that get off the ground who have a chance to fight back).

Man, this game needs an air force mod.

Jagd

{TDB}MajGen.Jagd AA

50 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

720 Posts

0 Threads

#58 15 years ago

Yeah so what do you do, email bf-tracks.com and ask them to increase your score? I think not.

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#59 15 years ago
Beast of War Instead of giving bombers better armour values, it looks like a solution was chosen to not fire all weapons at once but in sequence wich drastically reduced damage on all targets.

No, that "solution" was chosen to reduce lag associated with bullets casings ejecting from the plane all at once. I do however agree that fighters should take more damage from fighters, or make up a way for fighters to continously drop health once they start smoking