Sgt. DinkyDuck

Addicted to GF

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

267 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

ok, .61 is fully installed, now it is time to do my destruction tests.

1.King tiger-

Weak points appear to be, well, the thing is strong as hell a. the sides of the tank seem to be a little of a weak point. while using your standard issue Sherman, it took one shot to loose roughly 1/4 the HP. but this was from a very close distance. b. king tiger is almost invincable to anti tank measures. ie:tested with mechanic. placed three mines in front, all four xpacks on king. and blew them, then drove kt over the mines conc. need more mines, or xpacks. still with 1/4 of its hit points.

this thing is a beast. and a well deserved one. this is not a 1 on 1 tank, you need to make sure you have some help when attacking the king. the Tiger I is another story as you all know. it is a formitable enemy, but if staying hidden, it can be taken out with a Sherman.

the king with its faster turret turn rates can easly align its sights on a single sherman. if possable sneak to its sides. REAR IS ARMORED VERY WELL. and seems not to be a weak point as with the Tiger I get on its side with a faster moving tank and start lobing shells at its tracks. if your very very lucky you might be able to take it out.

further testing against air attacks is being done in a few min. need to eat dinner first.

anyone else have any good tips for taking out the king?

this is gonna be fun :)

=Boche Buster=

Pro-Filer thinks I'm cool!!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

394 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Suicide a plane?... muahahahahah

j/k.. I havent played yet.

SilentKiller213

N/A

50 XP

5th March 2004

0 Uploads

165 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Det packs landmines? Strength is in numbers not by size of the tank. deploy 4 shermans on a king tiger ill guarantee you that itll be smoking and blow up by the time your done. Hit all 4 sides with more then 1 tank.

Sgt. DinkyDuck

Addicted to GF

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

267 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

thats why i posted in my first post

"this thing is a beast. and a well deserved one. this is not a 1 on 1 tank, you need to make sure you have some help when attacking the king. the Tiger I is another story as you all know. it is a formitable enemy, but if staying hidden, it can be taken out with a Sherman."

i doubt if even a kama attack would take it down, but ill give it a try

sturmklinge

Rippin' Kitten

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

451 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

some clanmates and i checked out bulge and it was incredible.. atm, i can't imagine how to play this map without dominating axis. where the tiger was is a king tiger now. where the stug 3b was is a stug 3g now (ok, because stug 3b in 44/45 seems to be a bit strange), where the wespe or hanomag was is a tiger now. new vehicles for the allied: an apc-howitzer in the town. yay. well.. there is really a new damagesystem so we have to REALLY play it first, but it looks absolutly unbalanced. but let us have some matches there :)

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

KT weaknesses and how to exploit them. (that I've observed while testing) in no particular order.

1: Air support. Numero uno. you see a KT, you tell your team, load and clear, that there is a KT at (position). If you have anyone competent flying a p47 or tiffy, they will zero in on such a tasty target. 1 well placed bomb, or a few rockets to the backside will usually do the trick.

2: Bigger guns. If you can manage, get some major firepower on your side. Usually involves you stealing a tiger or panther, or finding an AT gun somewhere (88) 2 shots with an 88 to the side or rear of turret will destroy, if not sevearly damage the KT. British fireflys and American Jacksons are ideal if you can get the first strike in.

3: Zook to the ass. Same stratagy against a tiger. If you can get close enough, hop up on the back, and start feeding rockets to it's engine block. If you don't destroy it, you can usually knock it down 3/4s so someone else has a much better chance. 2 or 3 rockets to the top will usually do it.

4: Tank mob. People die here. get as many tanks as you can, because chances are 90% of them will be knocked out. get a location on the tiger, and attack from as many positions as possible (note, important) do NOT group together. Keep the KT guessing as to your positions, and with enough time and luck, you will be able to destroy it.

[3Rb]RudeRogo

Polska Walczaca

50 XP

11th August 2003

0 Uploads

219 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

its a king tiger. its supposed to be a huge beastly bastard. a whole bunch of people in servers have been bitching about it, im just like come on, you cant take a sherman and go head on with a KT and expect to win. not going to happen

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

lol. I love taking the KT, and driving RIGHT up to the sherman just to mock him before i reduce him to a smoldering black corpse.

Sgt. DinkyDuck

Addicted to GF

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

267 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

i agree, its supposed to be a very strong monster, im not bitching about the strength, just trying to inform about different tactics to destroy it

thanks Mcgibbs, that will help alot :)

GI_JOEjk

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

13th February 2004

0 Uploads

142 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

Thought this was interesting....

http://www.achtungpanzer.com/gen10.htm Note: Look at the number of "kill rings" on the tank barrel...