HalfGod85

I Give FH my Soul To LIVE!!

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

49 Posts

0 Threads

#31 15 years ago
CoolguyNo problem at all. But when I have to choose between a T-34 or a Pzkfw. IV Ausf. F-2 or above I'd take the Pzkfw. IV anytime :)

hey no matter how weak they make the Panzer IV ill still love them :) and play Hide and Seek tatics :fistpunch:

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#32 15 years ago

The short-barreled Panzers are crapular. It can't even climb a hill, slow as hell, no armor, no accuracy, no power.. I don't see why it's even in the mod if it serves no useful purpose. And the only purpose it has is to be destroyed by better tanks. Sure you could use it for anti infantry but there's PanzerIIs and Pumas and Daimlers that do that so much better and are fast enough to dodge the tank shells that are being shot at them.

I really think they need to limit this vehicle or at least to make it useful. The armor ratings of the real thing are well documented, but their advantage (which was skilled operators and tactics) isn't something that can be portrayed in battlefield 1942. Please make them a bit more survivable if anything.

Seriously, they take 3-4 shots to make a T-34 smoke and by then you're dead. And if you're close enough to hit the back end accurately they can hear you and kill you ahead of time.

You say they were never meant to battle other tanks? How about not putting them in tank levels then(kursk, kharkov, Valirisk) That would make sense.

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#33 15 years ago

the pecking order panzer IV < t34 < tiger

raslin

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

9th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,062 Posts

0 Threads

#34 15 years ago

Ohioan, they put it in because it was actually there. Should the US only get M26 Pershings, and M36B1 Jacksons? And the british Fireflys and Cromwells? And the germans Tigers and king tigers? The russians, IS-2's and Kv-2's?

Coolguy

&#31070; & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#35 15 years ago

That's what we're trying to explaon to them, eh raslin ;) We are not balancing the tanks. If you want balanced tanks, go play vanilla BF. FH portraits tanks like they really were with both their flaws & advantages.

And with regular AP shells & hollow charges, the 75/l24 could only penetrate 75mm maximum (and that's at 100m with no angle on the armour!). The weakest armour on the T-34 was it's rear with 40mm @ 40° angle. So in real life the Pzkfw. IV Ausf. D wasn't even able to penetrate that...

The only way they could take one out was with a lucky shot to a weak spot like the gun block.

FreakNasty

Singlehearted

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

2,489 Posts

0 Threads

#36 15 years ago
'[CNIOhioan']The short-barreled Panzers are crapular. It can't even climb a hill, slow as hell, no armor, no accuracy, no power.. I don't see why it's even in the mod if it serves no useful purpose. And the only purpose it has is to be destroyed by better tanks. Sure you could use it for anti infantry but there's PanzerIIs and Pumas and Daimlers that do that so much better and are fast enough to dodge the tank shells that are being shot at them. I really think they need to limit this vehicle or at least to make it useful. The armor ratings of the real thing are well documented, but their advantage (which was skilled operators and tactics) isn't something that can be portrayed in battlefield 1942. Please make them a bit more survivable if anything. Seriously, they take 3-4 shots to make a T-34 smoke and by then you're dead. And if you're close enough to hit the back end accurately they can hear you and kill you ahead of time. You say they were never meant to battle other tanks? How about not putting them in tank levels then(kursk, kharkov, Valirisk) That would make sense.

If you want an early german tank that is a little more effective at tankbatlels, you need the PzIII with 50mm long barrel. PzKpfw III Ausf J/L/M, SdKfz 141/1 Principal manufacturer(s): Daimler-Benz, Alkett, MAN Production date(s): 1941-42 Armament: 1 x 50mm KwK L/42 (early models); 1 x 50mm KwK L/60 (later models); 2 x 7.92mm MG Crew: 5 Weight in action: 22.3 tons Overall length: 5.56m Height: 2.5m Width: 2.95m Track width: 40cm Ground clearance: 38.5cm Maximum road speed: 40km/h Range (roads): 140km Range (cross-country): 90km Engine type: Maybach HL120 TRM V-12 petrol Engine power: 300 bhp at 3,000 rpm Engine capacity: 11,867 cc Fuel capacity: 320 liters Armor thickness: turret 37-50mm; hull 25-50mm; the Ausf L and M had additional 20 mm appliqué frontal plates and many vehicles were retrofitted with 5mm schürzen (skirts) of spaced armor around the turret and along the hull sides MonOct2713590520031.jpgMonOct2713590520032.jpgMonOct2713590520033.jpg I'd like to see this tank on some maps ;)

Archangel85

Customtitles rock!

50 XP

30th June 2003

0 Uploads

795 Posts

0 Threads

#37 15 years ago

exactly. And I want a remade kursk, since it is very hard to win as axis (If you are without a skilled tigerdriver, that is...) simply because you don't have the number of tanks to properly match the T34s. So, just want some Pnz IIIs out there.

BTW: the proper german tactic against attaking T34s before the tigers was to use heavy artillery (88mm+) in direct firing. That usually got em...

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#38 15 years ago

Need to get the towable at-guns in...

TommyGunDaliani

Cesare

50 XP

26th June 2003

0 Uploads

1,717 Posts

0 Threads

#39 15 years ago

They definetly need pzer3 in Kursk, but I think the T34s armor is too strong iit relly only had a 50mm front. Why is the armor so strong in FH?

ww2freak

Ingame name: Major.

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

648 Posts

0 Threads

#40 15 years ago

Angle of the armour. It thickens the armour about a 1/3. Besides, the shell meets a surface with no direct angle (tends to slide a bit).

Notice the inclination on the PzrIV and TigerI armour and watch the placement of it on T-34 and panther and king tiger.