TommyGunDaliani

Cesare

50 XP

26th June 2003

0 Uploads

1,717 Posts

0 Threads

#41 15 years ago

Yes but one shot with a panzer4d to the side armor should send it to hell.

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#42 15 years ago
TommyGunDalianiYes but one shot with a panzer4d to the side armor should send it to hell.

Actually... yes and no. I'd say you have about a 50% chance. The shell would either bounce off or do a little damage. But it's more likely to bounce off.

JAGUART

Thanks for the ftk

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

220 Posts

0 Threads

#43 15 years ago

What's with the "lobby" shell trajectory? That's my major beef with the Panzer. I question its realism. Anybody?

Also a couple of AT guns outside each base on Kursk would be nice, because after one side grabs both flags, they start really owning by destroying the opposition armor as soon as it spawns. Those T-34's are fast and deadly!

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#44 15 years ago

If you look further back in this thread you'd see that the speed of the projectile from the short barreled panzer 4 is actually around 400m/s while the tiger for example gives the projectile a speed of over 1000m/s!!!

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#45 15 years ago

And juts like in real life how faster the projectile speed, the easyer it is to aim. The 75/l70 & 88/l71 were probably the best guns from WW2 having a muzzle velocity of over 1100m/sec & being able to destroy ANYTHING they encountered.

JAGUART

Thanks for the ftk

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

220 Posts

0 Threads

#46 15 years ago
'LIGHTNING [NL']If you look further back in this thread you'd see that the speed of the projectile from the short barreled panzer 4 is actually around 400m/s while the tiger for example gives the projectile a speed of over 1000m/s!!!

Ok, I understand. But the Short Barreled Panzer shoots like a girl throwing a baseball. I guess it's nothing more than an infantry support tank, as one poster noted. Its a deathtrap on the Kursk map when they Allies have all those T-34's. There's been a ton of times that I've seen a field of those killers pummeling the daylights out of the Axis spawn. It doesn't seem right.

Archangel85

Customtitles rock!

50 XP

30th June 2003

0 Uploads

795 Posts

0 Threads

#47 15 years ago

Once the Pnz III is fielded, I'm going to do some tankbusting (now I do that with my trusty Panzerfaust 100...). I even heard trumors that the germans took out T34s with Pnz IIs, but I highly doubt that...

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#48 15 years ago

Once again, the issue here isn't the tanks, but their use ingame. Were real soldiers able to carry 4 mines, 4 expacks, a wrench, a rifle and a pistol and a knife all at one? No. Were real soldiers able to be shot into the air by a tank shell and parachute down? No. Were real tanks able to climb hills? Yes (they were MADE to overcome adverse terrain like trenches). 100% realism isn't going to happen. So the issue here is gameplay. And right now the PanzerIVCs suck in every map they are in. So we need to either A:

Make them not suck as much (I know it will be a complete travesty to the full accurate history of WW2) or.. Have another tank/gun that can hurt T34s. Which would be a towable 88 or something. (PanzerIII anyone?) A game is meant to be fun before all else. That's why it's a Game and not a lecture.

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#49 15 years ago

Rofl. Impossible! Even with APCR ammo the 20/l55 of the Pzkfw. II would never be able to penetrate even the weakest armour of the T-34.

And even if you're in a Pzkfw. III you'll still have to get pretty close in to the sides ;)

JAGUART

Thanks for the ftk

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

220 Posts

0 Threads

#50 15 years ago

'[CNIOhioan']Once again, the issue here isn't the tanks, but their use ingame. Were real soldiers able to carry 4 mines, 4 expacks, a wrench, a rifle and a pistol and a knife all at one? No. Were real soldiers able to be shot into the air by a tank shell and parachute down? No. Were real tanks able to climb hills? Yes (they were MADE to overcome adverse terrain like trenches). 100% realism isn't going to happen. So the issue here is gameplay. And right now the PanzerIVCs suck in every map they are in. So we need to either A:

Make them not suck as much (I know it will be a complete travesty to the full accurate history of WW2) or.. Have another tank/gun that can hurt T34s. Which would be a towable 88 or something. (PanzerIII anyone?) A game is meant to be fun before all else. That's why it's a Game and not a lecture.

I agree. I really hate it when someone brings up realism as a defense against shitty gameplay. I see no problem with two sides having different strengths and weakness, but historically accurate elements should be selected for to balance out gameplay. I have no interest in re-creating a lopsided historically accurate battle where the victor has a 70%+ chance of winning. Anyone who does whine about this naturally will play the favored side, Like Axis on Vanilla Omaha on a non-team balance server. Its pathetic.