Jagd

{TDB}MajGen.Jagd AA

50 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

720 Posts

0 Threads

#41 15 years ago

Yeah that is no bug with the torpedos. That is the way they were designed... And if you are not low enough gravity makes them sink too deep and they often pass harmlessly below the ship's keel.

Lobo

All your base are belong to FH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

6,883 Posts

0 Threads

#42 15 years ago

Here is a screen ingame with the cockpit features, it has 2 windows in the belly, I hope the camera can rotate to look through them.

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#43 15 years ago

looks execellent lobo , Its isnt that hard to put a torpedo into a ship. I hit almost 99% of the time.

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#44 15 years ago

wow, very nice cockpit! goodwork! it would be awesome to see all planes supplied with this kind of detail.

MG42Maniac

A man of dubious moral fibre

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

3,932 Posts

0 Threads

#45 15 years ago

Yeah but its dodging the AA which is the hard task.

2ltben

Shpadoinkle

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

261 Posts

0 Threads

#46 15 years ago

You forgot the IL-2T. I'm still hoping for some Baltic coast and Sevastopol maps...

Rush Limbaugh

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

1st March 2004

0 Uploads

66 Posts

0 Threads

#47 15 years ago

Actually increasing the amount of fuel WILL increase the amount of drag on the aircraft. Here is how. fuel adds weight, appx. 6 lbs per gallon. Take 2 identical aircraft, except one is 500 lbs lighter. In order to produce lift, the airplane has to fly at a certain angle of attack. Since lift must equal weight in unaccelerated flight, the heavier airplane must fly at a higher angle of attack. When an airplane operates at a higher angle of attack, the amount of Induced drag goes up. Induced drag can by thought of as a byproduct of lift. The more lift required means you need a higher angle of attack, means higher induced drag. So even if the fuel tanks are internal, total drag goes up. If you mounted them externally, the drag caused by placing an object in the airstream is parasite drag. So if you mount them externally both induced and parasite drag both go up. If drag goes up, then to keep the plane in unaccelerated flight the amount of thrust required must also go up to stay equal to drag. This usually results in a higher fuel burn. So to get have a decent range on the aircraft, designers add more fuel, and the cycle repeats itself.

Mazz

BFE-WAW

50 XP

16th November 2003

0 Uploads

1,245 Posts

0 Threads

#48 15 years ago

if u fly very low and pull up when u drop the torp it stays right on top of the water. and msot of time if pubbies theres no flak to worry about.

shrinerr

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

0 Threads

#49 15 years ago

You just fly under it... which is hard now because of the battleships and those damn anti air things.