Noir Cheval

Big Muskel Guy

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

72 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

I've played Market Garden probably about 8-10 times, and every single time the Axis loses. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me? I've either played AS Axis or as Allies, and Axis don't seem to have much of a chance (even with their "super" tanks). :rolleyes:

RPGreg2600

I shot down MG42Maniac

50 XP

25th October 2002

0 Uploads

391 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

never underestimate the power of air support! ...or something like that.....

Wiking9

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

359 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

If the Germans keep the Typhoons and B-25's in check, Arnhem and its bridges are theirs...I've never lost a game at OMG, and I play nothing but Germans, 100% of the time.

When Typhoons dropped their payload, they all made their common mistakes in strafing, which was flying low and level.

Pretty easy targets for Flak38 and Ostwinds....:D

MG42Maniac

A man of dubious moral fibre

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

3,932 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

I've seen the Axis win loads of times due to several reason: 1, Shit allied pilots. 2, Lack of AT. 3, Lack of Teamwork 4, Unbalanced teams. 5, Axis have all the better players. 6, Every allied player spawn at airfiled instead of para dropping in.

mondogenerator

Wolfgaming.net *****istrator

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago
Noir ChevalI've played Market Garden probably about 8-10 times, and every single time the Axis loses. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me? I've either played AS Axis or as Allies, and Axis don't seem to have much of a chance (even with their "super" tanks). :rolleyes:

To be honest I don't think its anything to do with game balance its that people generally get in a tank and go it alone where as it works if every one gets in huge tank column and storms Arhnem bridge with guys in jeeps storming down the sidewalks and run over and destroy the mines and the tanks just keep rolling. yes you may loose a few tanks but it works. If the game balance was changed, a serious clan or community team playing axis would win every time.

As for normal BF, if you have good pilots who don't cross the river and get flakked and repair after taking any damage then axis are screwed generally. I found in FH the balance is allot better cause a concerted axis attack will lead to them taking flags. After that its all about holding them while armour is brough up over the bridges to replace those destroyed.

Generally in both games its down to the better pilots getting the planes and engineers mining the bridges and no allies plane camping. Also if the planes are used correctly they will be used as dive bombers on Ostwinds, use there rockets/bombs on tanks only and if a flag is taken or apc's/jeeps appear use there cannons to strafe.

Lt. Valentine

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,679 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

when i play that map and i'm on the allied we loose cause everybody is waiting for the goddamn airplanes