MG42Maniac

A man of dubious moral fibre

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

3,932 Posts

0 Threads

#11 17 years ago

No! I love Valirisk its the greatest camping map ever. Theres nothing sweeter than parking the 1337 Tiger on the hill over looking the Soviet base and kiling every tank or foot soldier that leaves. The first time I ver played that map was with Coolguy and we parked on the hill over looking the Soviet base and pwned all it was great fun :P

Archangel85

Customtitles rock!

50 XP

30th June 2003

0 Uploads

795 Posts

0 Threads

#12 17 years ago

the balance as it is now is quite good - but needs a bit of tweking. wars aren't balanced, and wars aren't fun. A game should be fun. If the germans get all the gear, while the russians sometimes had one rifle for 3 men, who will play russian? Nobody will, so if you force them to, they will do the gladiator style and not even try to win - they would just hide. when in doubt, I'd always favor balance over realism.

cap'n_crunch

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

12th April 2003

0 Uploads

29 Posts

0 Threads

#13 17 years ago
'rIFTEr [HSF']No one are going to enjoy playing on a team that has tanks that need 5 shots to kill the enemy tanks, while the enemy tanks need one to kill them. Same with planes, hand weapons, ships and everything else. Either they will not enjoy it, or they will do what seems to be the "leet" thing to do, which is stack the team with all the big toys...

man this forces people to cooperate and play together! if the tiger goes head to head with a t34 then of course the tiger wins. its just that smacktards that dont like to operate as a unit are complaining about balance. i say just leave the balance how it is. i play as both sides in kursk and i do stick with another teamate during the whole battle, trying to take out a tiger or panther, and it is tough. anyways are you building this mod for realism, gameplay, or teamwork?

Mike 51

Bush/Cheney 2004 apparently

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

526 Posts

0 Threads

#14 17 years ago

What he said.

Mike 51

Bush/Cheney 2004 apparently

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

526 Posts

0 Threads

#15 17 years ago

You're missing the point. If the devs only provide one T34, all the teamwork in the world isn't going to stop that Tiger. Who's he going to co-ordinate with? Weak ATs that take four rounds in the back to even scratch the Tiger? Infantry with rifle grenades? You can't say it's a failing in the team if a lone T34 can't get the five or ten AT people needed together at any one time to take down each individual Tiger. The biggest effective teams in FH are three or four people: a T34 and 3 ATs would have a hard time taking down a half-decently driven Tiger. 4 T34s could do the job. You see? I've no problem with teamwork, but you have to make sure that the team has the tools (in this case tanks) to do the job.

Teamwork: excellent idea. But you have to give us enough tanks to make a team first.

That's all we're saying: give people the means to win. Don't nerf the Tiger, don't make the T34 invincible - just give us more T34s to each Tiger (for example). That way people can work together and still have a fighting chance.

But as it stands, it seems that the devs are addressing this, so it doesn't seem to be an issue. Balance undeniably needs tweaking, but you don't have to panic about the Tiger getting nerfed back to BF42 levels or anything like that. As far as I know, the only things likely to change are vehicle numbers and spawn times, which is only fair. I don't think the devs put in this much work just to surrender their damage system to the first few whiners who faced a Tiger.

Peo

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

177 Posts

0 Threads

#16 17 years ago
cap'n_crunchman this forces people to cooperate and play together! if the tiger goes head to head with a t34 then of course the tiger wins. its just that smacktards that dont like to operate as a unit are complaining about balance. i say just leave the balance how it is. i play as both sides in kursk and i do stick with another teamate during the whole battle, trying to take out a tiger or panther, and it is tough. anyways are you building this mod for realism, gameplay, or teamwork?

So how do you outflank a tank when you can't move oyt of your base due to a fence? Please to tell me how i do this i will be very very happy. You can't. It isn't possible. Also if realism is what you want then you should know that the Soviet union made about 35000 t34-76.

Compare to about 8000 PzIV and 1354 tiger I. Please tell me if it is realistic that there should be more PzIV and Tigers than t34.

[RIC] Starfires

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

32 Posts

0 Threads

#17 17 years ago

When I say I want the mod to be realistic here is what I mean.

The small arms and vehicles in the mod should be modeled after the real world performance of the real weapon, not nerfed or strengthened to "balance" the mod. If the Tiger I would own a Sherman in a head on tank duel in RL, it should in FH too. If the M1 was far better than the bolt action Mauser in terms of accurate volume of fire, it should be this way in the mod too.

This will force people to get educated, find out how the US dealt with superior German armor, find out how German infantry dealt with an enemy which had faster firing accurate rifles. Learning a real world tactic, then using it to win is far more rewarding that bunny hoppin/jump shooting around like some ritalin junkie FPS kiddie.

sempai(be)

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

281 Posts

0 Threads

#18 17 years ago

"No! I love Valirisk its the greatest camping map ever." (MG42Maniac)

I hope this was meant sarcastic ?

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#19 17 years ago

'[RIC Starfires']When I say I want the mod to be realistic here is what I mean.

The small arms and vehicles in the mod should be modeled after the real world performance of the real weapon, not nerfed or strengthened to "balance" the mod. If the Tiger I would own a Sherman in a head on tank duel in RL, it should in FH too. If the M1 was far better than the bolt action Mauser in terms of accurate volume of fire, it should be this way in the mod too.

This will force people to get educated, find out how the US dealt with superior German armor, find out how German infantry dealt with an enemy which had faster firing accurate rifles. Learning a real world tactic, then using it to win is far more rewarding that bunny hoppin/jump shooting around like some ritalin junkie FPS kiddie.

I'm with you all the way on this one !

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#20 17 years ago

sempai(be)"No! I love Valirisk its the greatest camping map ever." (MG42Maniac)

I hope this was meant sarcastic ?

Believe me, he really means it...

I like valirisk too though, great tankbattle and also a good place for infantery.