Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Else no one will even know this topic existed.

Ok.. what's up with the grey boxes with them arrows on it? I extracted all of the .rfa's correctly, into the "bfdev" folder, I installed it exactly as described in the readme that comes with Editor42. I run the latest version. Now WHY do I still get those frickin' boxes? I don't see what I could possibly have done wrong, as I followed the readme exactly as described.

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Does everything have grey boxes or just vegetation.

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Everthing. I really hope you can help me out. I'll bake an applepie if you can help me out (or else I'll have my mother make one).

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

The readme + some comments of me: STEP 1 - EXTRACTING EDITOR42 1.1 - Create a directory where you will put Editor42 program (for instance c:\editor42\) 1.2 - Uncompress the Editor42 archive you downloaded into this directory NOTE: The provided init.con is a configuration file used by the editor, it must be in the same directory as the editor itself. Do not use version 0.2 init.con. NOTE: Provided library directory must be a subdirectory of editor42.exe directory. STEP 2 - EXTRACTING THE RFAs Editor42 won't read the RFA, so you need to extract them yourself. 2.1 - Create a directory where you will put your extracted content. The location and name can be anything. In this section I will use c:\bfdev\ as a reference. [color=black]Just un-rfa (is that a word?) everything to c:\bfdev\ (the levels, objects, standardMesh and texture.rfa) it will automatically create the right directory names stated below. So with a [/color]RFAExtractor, you will have to specify c:\bfdev\ 2.2 - Create the following directories within the base directory. c:\bfdev\bf1942\levels\ c:\bfdev\objects\ c:\bfdev\standardMesh\ c:\bfdev\texture\ 2.3 - Extract the OBJECTS.RFA file included with the game and mods into c:\bfdev\objects\ 2.3 - Extract the STANDARDMESH.RFA file included with the game and mods into c:\bfdev\standardMesh\ 2.4 - Extract the TEXTURE.RFA file included with the game and mods into c:\bfdev\standardMesh\ 2.5 - Extract the needed levels' RFA file included with the game and mods into c:\bfdev\bf1942\levels\my_level_name\ NOTE: Objects, texture and standard meshes need to be EXTRACTED for Edito42 to display them correctly, else it will use default box model and texture. ================= Make sure there are not a indentical sub folder in any directory. c:\bfdev\standardMesh\standardMesh\ **** is wrong! I fal did go well you knwo have the following folders/directories: C:\bfdev\bf1942\levels\ C:\bfdev\Objects C:\bfdev\standardMesh C:\bfdev\texture STEP 3 - RUNNING AND CONFIGURING EDITOR42 3.1 - The first time Editor42 runs, it will ask for several directories. This dialog window is exactly the same as the one located at File->Directories menu. 3.2 - If your directory structure is as above, the ONLY directory you need to set is the BASE directory. Change it accordingly. With the exameple above it should be c:\bfdev\ 3.3 - Leave the other values as is -- Keep the $basePath tokens there! If you follwed this steps exactly all should work fine (only trees/vegatation will show up as boxes now) EDIT: double check you don't have a double dir c:\bfdev\objects\objects\ etc. if this is the case just cut the last objects folder and move (past) it one level up! EDIT2: Have you extracted the bf 2942 (vanilla) rfa's and the FH rfa's? you must extract the bf1942 rfa's as well to get the FH part to work properly.

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Do you have ICQ, then I could attempt to help you a lot easier?