FactionRecon

11PzG Grunt

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

3,889 Posts

0 Threads

#31 17 years ago

you don't have to be a spoiled brat to have a nice PC....just gotta save up! You guys act like its an act of god himself to grant you liberty to buy new parts! For example, my dad's saving up QUARTERS to upgrade his comp to "niceness" since my stepmom won't let him use bills....gotta have perserverance! (sp?)

Ping_Pong

Rockin' the Casbah

50 XP

29th June 2003

0 Uploads

7,663 Posts

0 Threads

#32 17 years ago

Some people can't afford to buy new parts let alone a new computer and are happy with what they have. Yes, i have money saved to upgrade my computer I just havn't got around to it yet.

Yama Llama

I Poop Alot, Wanna Smell?

50 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

150 Posts

0 Threads

#33 17 years ago

Speaking of Spoiled Brats..... I know someone who's dad owns Morgan Stanley or some other big company and the kid who has been using a computer for less then a year wants a 4 gig 5,000 dollar PC! The worst part is, that the only thing he uses a computer for is to go chat on AIM. The good news though is that he hired a group of Computer Nerds in the school to help him chose the parts and build it for him, which I'll get 100 bucks for :nodding: (RAM Money!)

Ping_Pong

Rockin' the Casbah

50 XP

29th June 2003

0 Uploads

7,663 Posts

0 Threads

#34 17 years ago

Eww mommie a nerd, lol at least you get something out of it..

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#35 17 years ago
SimonS. I bet the only work experience you have is playing The Sims

LOL! Nice one :bounce:

I think that adding blatently hard-to-process stuff to the mod is bad, but the team isn't doing that. They make their stuff as efficient and streamlied as they can. Sure any machine under 1ghz is going to gag on it, but that IS an old machine now. The team never said the new stuff was slower then the old, someone on the boards said that. I think it will run exactly the same as before. The changes that are being argued about won't really affect preformance on most machines anyways.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#36 17 years ago

I can tell you right away what is the best investment of a PC component for playing FH : memory

Cheap and effective......i have 1,5 Gb of cheap 400 Mhz DDR ( 3 rows of 512 Mb ) memory in my otherwise not very special PC, and i am always first on on any server in a map, even on Wolfservers that is on the other side of the ocean for me with a ping of 100.

The advantage is obviously you are a few seconds alone in the map with 55 players following....you can choose whatever vehicle you want first :nodding:

urseus

|LAB|urseus┬▓

50 XP

8th May 2003

0 Uploads

263 Posts

0 Threads

#37 17 years ago

Exactly. Its not like you need to buy a new computer. You just buy bits at a time. If you have a job at all, you can afford to save 20 dollars a week. Seeing as your posting on a message board for a modification for a video game, its a fairly good indication that your into computers abit. Im sick of seeing awsome games stunted by the makers having to limit the quality of the graphics. Day of defeat had the same problem, the difference was that you could go to the modeling forum and download hi-res skins. The makers were always being asked why they cant make thier models that good and really show how good their skills were, but they responded that they always had to cater for the poorer crowd.

Also just because somones not a lazy ass and was out there looking for decent jobs doesnt mean they are spoiled.

CaPtAnInSaYnO

wankasaurus wrex

50 XP

16th October 2003

0 Uploads

292 Posts

0 Threads

#38 17 years ago

aghhgh damn my 512mb pc 3200 ramm i need more!!!!!!!!!! and i have to wait till summer for my jobb!!$#!%#$%TRQVASGERAGAQB