Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Yeah, i know....this isn't FH 0.5

To my utter amazement in a Spitfire it virtually refuses to do any classic aircombat manouvres that are based on a loop, inverted loop or part of a loop.

Dogfighting that way becomes restricted to nOOb circeling combat, or boom zoom on a target........no more dogfighting.....

That cannot have been the purpose ??!?

I tried other fighters, and some are able to barely pull a loop or half loop off, after half a minute pulling the stick. (even after diving first to pick up speed !! ) It will get you killed in combat. If you can't perform fluently an immelmann, that are WWI (!) aircombat manouvres in WWII aircraft, (!!) something is wrong with the (fighter) aircraft code.....

Not as worse, but still mentionable.....landing isnt any diffrent or difficult at all. I set down aircraft pretty much the usual way in any terrain that isn't heavily objected, so repairing them in the field ( or landing to cap a flag ) is still very possible. I have the idea braking on the engine reverse works even better, reducing the lenght needed to stop.

817U9FJ26LL

In map above out of bounds area is incredibly irritating too......you fly in there and get warnings every time you turn......aircraft maps should really not be that narrow.

I know it all sounds ungratefull, but i am really dissapointed in the fighter flight physics. They do not seem realistic at all, not being able to dogfight with classic aircombat manouvres.

I really do like a lot of other things i saw, i really do. I feel guilty complaining while so many other aspects ( on the ground ) are better then i ever saw in any game.

Why wasn't dogfighting properly tested ?

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Hard to do a barrel roll too but some parts are realistic and some things need to change !

[1.SS.Pz]LSSAH

You suck at the Internet.

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

536 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Beast I'm with you on this one -- any maneuver based on a loop or roll is nearly impossible to pull off. Also, the turning radius on most planes is outside the width of most maps. I was trying to pull off a split-s in a dogfight (semi-dogifght) and I ended up putting it into the ground. I like the idea the team had, but it needs to be scaled back so it's comparable to the relative map sizes.

=Boche Buster=

Pro-Filer thinks I'm cool!!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

394 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Lucky for me I'm so leet at noob circles.. :P But yeah, I'd have to agree, dont trash me for this, but vanilla BF flight physics are perfect for the ratio this game has.

Dot Com

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

26th June 2000

0 Uploads

6,116 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

me 3...can't turn worth crap...

you fly too wide and outside of the map :(

Heinrich Blotgrasse

XXIX Panzerkorps

50 XP

2nd November 2003

0 Uploads

186 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

I find it disconcerting when a Ju88 outturns my Spitfire on Battle of Britain. There is something fundamentally wrong with that.

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

I haven't played it yet (still DLing) However, remember when the MP_Demo came out. People taking off from the allied airfield would either crash into the buildings in front, or would spin into the palm tress on the right. They all complained that flying was impossible.... was. I guess it just takes time getting used it. From the comments, i hear it's very difficult and restricted, however, with time, things will change... i guess

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Something is really wrong with the spitfire, and has been for a while :p It flies like a truck.

As with any new system this one needs to be banged out before it gets good. It does have potential, but it needs tweaking. Just you wait a few versions and im sure the flight physics will be fine and dandy for dogfighting.

also, with the BFs engine's limitations make realistic dogfighting really hard, which i think the devs may have forgotten. With the fog, you see a plane scream past you, but you can never find him again, until he goes screaming past again. A wee bit more arcade like controlls need to be put in place, or as i suggested, more exadurated fligh pysics on specific planes. (ie: zero: slow and low hp but very manuverable... corsiar: fast and high armor, but cant turn as well. Right now all the fighter aircraft fly relitivly the same, there isnt enough difference in them, like tanks)

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

I find the flight model appaling.

I know people worked hard on it and I am sorry to be one of those complaining but I cant believe no one complained about this in testing.

Spitfire should be light and easy on the controls and lamost an aerobatic fighter that can turn inside of a Bf-109 with no problem but in BoB it turns like a battleship.

I think the flight models in 0.5 were not great but they were better than this.

Heinrich Blotgrasse

XXIX Panzerkorps

50 XP

2nd November 2003

0 Uploads

186 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago
'[SYN hydraSlav']I haven't played it yet (still DLing) However, remember when the MP_Demo came out. People taking off from the allied airfield would either crash into the buildings in front, or would spin into the palm tress on the right. They all complained that flying was impossible.... was. I guess it just takes time getting used it. From the comments, i hear it's very difficult and restricted, however, with time, things will change... i guess

Try taking off and flying in a sptifire on BoB and then come back and tell me how you feel. You're lucky if you clear the raised ground at the end of the airfield without bouncing off it.