The Piat+n02 are my friends ;)

50 XP

1st July 2003

0 Uploads

163 Posts

0 Threads

#32 15 years ago
SputtyI know how to use it, but it's damage is pure suck

The PIAT owns, and the n02 too :) these are in fact my most favourite weapons in FH. The n02 is very lethal at close range :D

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#33 15 years ago

I'd personally rather have a Bazooka rather than a PIAT. I also like hte 1911 more than the No4

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#34 15 years ago
'[CNIOhioan']I prefer "painting a cardboard panorama at the end of a highway and forcing them to drive off a cliff". That or stealing a Panzerfaust and blowing them to hell and back.

that carboard i dea ownzzz

the Darkness VIP Member

Advanced Member

50 XP

20th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,333 Posts

0 Threads

#35 15 years ago

Sounds to me like someone needs to male a Looney Toons mod.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#36 15 years ago
SputtyExactly, throw the PIAT. It'll do more damage that shooting with it

Odd that the PIAT sucks so much yet I dont seem to have any problem killing anything but the Tiger.

Sounds like you might be experiencing a bad ID10T circuit thats keeping the PIAT from functioning properly. :frog:

P.S. - thats supposed to be a joke in case the humor escaped you)

MeanMrMustard

Such a mean old man

50 XP

15th September 2003

0 Uploads

178 Posts

0 Threads

#37 15 years ago

Going even further off topic here but... You could take out tanks really easily with gammon bombs in Close Combat a Bridge Too Far, did it all the time. Just had to keep your teams hidden and try to lure the tank into a trap, if you got close enough there was usually a 50/50 chance that you could take it out. Worked on all German tanks except the King Tiger. Some of my proudest moments involved a rifle team charging a Tiger tank head on across an open field, hitting the dirt then taking it out with gammon bombs. Great fun. Harry

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#38 15 years ago

The PIAT's not as bad as you think. But it definitely takes some getting used to. It doesn't operate the same way as the bazooka/Schrek/faust, I don't think. It seems to arc a bit more, and without the smoke trails it's harder to get a handle on how you need to adjust. I also think that it's a bit more sensitive to locational damage, IE: it'll do considerably more damage in one area than another, whereas the other projectiles seem to have less variation. Maybe it has something to do with the angle of the projectile itself when it hits. I'm not sure. Still, it's not terrible. Definitely the worst AT weapon in the game at the moment, though (unless you count mines, taht is).

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#39 15 years ago

I don't have a problem using the PIAT. German armor in any map that has a PIAT is usually craptacular anyways (except market garden.. but Typhoons kill the armor before it crosses the bridge). Crete is a prime example. The heaviest armored vehicle in that map is a Matilda II, and that only takes 2 good shots to take out. The PanzerII is easily destroyed by one shot, as is the Daimler or Stug3b. Matilda I takes 2 shots also, but it's a rarity if you see one given their ridiculously low speed.