Piotr

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

8 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

First hello all I read the forum for 6 month approximatively....

I apologise but I will post my first thead with a a major problem...

I hope this is a error but there is 88 numbers wrote on too many german's tanks towers...

If 88 don't say anything to you i would explain what this means.

88 means : Heil Hitler...

Why ? Well if you say that : 1 = A, 2=B, 3=C, 4=D...and 8=H...

So 88 = HH=heil Hitler....

So please erase this number, i don't won't to play a game wich glorify this sad character...

DHC|Bazza

FH Skinner

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

171 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Huh? Im pretty sure that this isn't intended as some kind of secret Nazi worshipping, nicely spotted though I'll give you that. It's because it's the esiest number to give a tank due to the texture mirroring that can occur, and when you have so many skins to do as these guys, it's better to just do whats fastest.

skeleton_man

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

"So please erase this number, i don't won't to play a game wich glorify this sad character..."

I don't know if its intended, or not but you are playing a WW2 game aiming for historical accuracy. Deal with it.

Piotr

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

8 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

First, Well, i saw tanks with inscriptions like "K239" on T34, "93" on russian plane, "T6CK" on Stucka...

Second I think that this number was use by german fascist after the war because they could'nt use the term.

So I Think we must replace this 88 on german tanks...

Piispa

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

20th August 2003

0 Uploads

292 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

Yeah, just like 666 means Devil, Hitler, Stalin, Saddam, or even Bush if you want so. Those number-to-letter-coding systems has only but one false: they can mean whatever the decoder wants them to mean.

And so what if the 88 did mean Heil Hitler? I believe this mod focuses on historical realism, should they erase swatiskas also? History can't be unmade by forgetting it, something Germans should learn (yes, I do see your location is stated as France, but I took Germans as example coz they are so eager to bann everything related to WW2 and Nazis).

DHC|Bazza

FH Skinner

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

171 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

3-15-2-2-12-5-18-19 translate that one :P

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

Didn't the Germans have a three digit number on their tanks which said company, ect or something?

Piotr

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

8 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

It's not a problem of historical accuracy...

So I repeat 88 is a secret code use by german nazis after war.

So when you see 88 on a tank people could think it's a message : "we want Hitler's back.."

Witch Hunter General

50 XP

19th May 2003

0 Uploads

350 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago
PiispaYeah, just like 666 means Devil, Hitler, Stalin, Saddam, or even Bush if you want so.

you forgot the Pope there :)

the Pope = Vicarius fili dei = 666 -according to some nut protestant sect with a bit of a hatred towards catholics.

Witch Hunter General

50 XP

19th May 2003

0 Uploads

350 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

Piotr

So when you see 88 on a tank people could think it's a message : "we want Hitler's back.."

no, I would think: "cool, it got an 88 mm!" btw, how many would really make that Hitler connection anyway? I would guess very few until you mentioned it....