Tommy8kins

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

12th October 2003

0 Uploads

47 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I was watching some footage of WW2 today and noticed that explosions from bombers are FAR BIGGER than in the game. Take a look at these screen shots of the bombing of Monte Cassino attached, they are HUGE (compare them with the size of the buildings). Maybe FH should increase the explosion size?

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago
Tommy8kinsI was watching some footage of WW2 today and noticed that explosions from bombers are FAR BIGGER than in the game. Take a look at these screen shots of the bombing of Monte Cassino attached, they are HUGE (compare them with the size of the buildings). Maybe FH should increase the explosion size?

It's true but the framerate on low end systems probably sink to sub zero....

Besides, many things are scaled down in bf1942/FH.....above all the metric system. I agree it would be very cool though, aswell as it would properly shit the hell out of the ones at the recieving end.....they would be frightened a little more then they are now of bombers..... ;)

bmargb

BF 1936 TEAM

50 XP

31st August 2003

0 Uploads

340 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago
Tommy8kinsI was watching some footage of WW2 today and noticed that explosions from bombers are FAR BIGGER than in the game. Take a look at these screen shots of the bombing of Monte Cassino attached, they are HUGE (compare them with the size of the buildings). Maybe FH should increase the explosion size?

About explosions, the fireball have to be 10% of the smokeball. But in the game the fireball is too huge, and there is no smoke.

Skorz

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

452 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago
bmargbAbout explosions, the fireball have to be 10% of the smokeball. But in the game the fireball is too huge, and there is no smoke.

I agree.

juppispuppis

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

22nd August 2003

0 Uploads

9 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Damn it would be cool to have that kind of explosions as in the pictures, all that dirt and smoke , woah. I don't like how those explosions are only like huge fireballs, well atleast in FH there's some dirt flying into air. But i don't know how much lag it would cause to have such high detail explosions full of smoke, and how difficult it would be to make them for BF engine.

bmargb

BF 1936 TEAM

50 XP

31st August 2003

0 Uploads

340 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago
juppispuppisDamn it would be cool to have that kind of explosions as in the pictures, all that dirt and smoke , woah. I don't like how those explosions are only like huge fireballs, well atleast in FH there's some dirt flying into air. But i don't know how much lag it would cause to have such high detail explosions full of smoke, and how difficult it would be to make them for BF engine.

The problem is the graphic lag... will be great to put it as a setting.

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago
bmargbAbout explosions, the fireball have to be 10% of the smokeball. But in the game the fireball is too huge, and there is no smoke.

I was going to say, most of that is just dirt and smoke.

Master Minder

FHdev

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

680 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

this thread could also be named: "more lag anyone?" ;)

Evilsanta

Swedish Elite Tanker

50 XP

13th August 2003

0 Uploads

435 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

God forbid, no more lag =/

ps. I got p4 2.4 1 gig ram radeon 9800

Tommy8kins

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

12th October 2003

0 Uploads

47 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago
EvilsantaGod forbid, no more lag =/ ps. I got p4 2.4 1 gig ram radeon 9800

Everyone should get GeForceFX5900 cards! That would solve it. I'd love to see this as a server option for those with 512MB adsl and GeForceFX5900's! :uhoh: