[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#11 15 years ago
-Moldie-Strangely enough I didn't get any lag from the dirt puffs. I thought it was great..then they took them out :'(

I know, that's so stupid. When the game came out they had: 1. Bullet casings from the game (useless) 2. Dirt Puffs on the ground (usefull - to see them better) Too many people complained about lag that accompanied this. Since the dirt puffs was what they were seeing just before they lagged, they assumed that that was the source of the problem and complained way too much about it. And now what? They took out the dirt puffs (which was just a replacement of the "puff" texture from the original game, thus did not introduce much lag on it's own); but they still left the bullet casings, which lag-as-hell and are completely useless

lumpeh

FH Groupie

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,174 Posts

0 Threads

#12 15 years ago

Thats true, when a plane flys over blasting its mgs the game slows rather badly. Seems a wasteful effect if you ask me.

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#13 15 years ago

All of this talk about lag, yet FH is still considerably more laggy than vanilla and even DC.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#14 15 years ago

unoptimization. It takes a while to get all the models nice and smooth running. It's like that with any early builds.