$pike

I camp for Tigers ONLY

50 XP

6th March 2004

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

[color=blue]So I got ALL three FH files, including 0.61 but haven't played the game yet because of the constant yelling and screaming about how there is no single player, constant desktop crashes and lack of Pz III or whatever.[/color] I don't care about PzIIIs and I don't care about desktop crashes, just make sure to install the files correctly. One thing I DO care about, is single player. Why? Because I can never find any FH servers. And if I do, I can never get to play on the maps that I want. Once in a blue moon, I might end up on a server that has my beloved Tiger tank(s), but chances of me driving one of those big boys are 0%, because EVERYONE and their mother want to drive one. This doesn't happen in single player. Not only can I play on the map of my choosing, I get to drive my Tiger tank too... So, let me ask you this my fellow comrades: Are there Fallshirmjagers and Japanese pilots as promised in several FH updates? Is the Tiger tank ALL that? Are there campers willing to shoot their own teammates in order to drive the King Tiger? Peace...:wave:

Leo-The-L337-Llama

Not Funny

50 XP

11th June 2003

0 Uploads

407 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Yes there are Pilots for every country including Japan (although I don't think the Soviet pilots have a pilot hat), though I'm not sure about Fallshirmjagers, as I haven't really played any of the parachuting maps. I don't like the new Crete.

It sounds kind of childish to not play online just because you can't always use the vehicle you want to use. The game is the most interactive online, and if you don't get the vehicle you want, use something else. As much as I hate to offer such a crappy answer to you, the truth is there is an infinite amount of other cool things to do in .6, and the Tiger is just one of them. Oh and the Tiger doesn't really seem "all that" to me. Sure it has a powerful gun but the turret turns impossibly slow and if an enemy tank catches you to the side, you're dead.

The King Tiger is only on like 3 maps, and most people don't know what maps they are and most people don't know where it is on those maps, so I have never seen people TK each other over it, or any vehicle for that matter. Most of the FH servers are well moderated and if you did do that, you wouldn't be sticking around for long.

Why can't you find FH servers? Must be where you live, because I find plenty of them all the time to play on. And many people in servers like to stay on foot to use the one shot kill rifles. I have never seen tons of people mobbing the King Tiger spawn area all sitting there pressing 'E' to get in over and over until it spawns.

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago
$pikeWhy? Because I can never find any FH servers.

Use the All seeing eye. www.updsoft.com/eye

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

The fallschirmjager is there. However it's not the same cool skin that was on the update. It's just a regular skin (if I recall correctly) with the fallschirmjager helmet. Where is that kick-ass skin they made in the update?

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

It needs to be animated, which takes a hell of a lot of time and energy. Adding compleatly new player models is very difficult to do (i dont think the devs knew that when they made it :p)

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Ahh, indeed. I have no clue how that stuff really works. I figured it was just a simple overwrite-skin kinda thing. Hope to see it in .62.

C38368

...burning angel wings to dust

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,013 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Everybody steals your Tiger? Go find a pub server; I was on some Gamespy server the other day (Wolf was full, augh!), and the Tiger on Orel sat wholly neglected for several minutes, so I finally took off in it (I usually leave the foul, viscous and bad tempered tanks with great big nasty explosive rifles for better tankers than I). No servers running FH? I don't use ASE, and I've still got a list of at least a dozen .61 servers just through BF's native interface. Sounds like apathy to me... On TKing for vehicles: Never been TK'd for a tank, but I've been TK'd multiple times over planes.

Shade_PW

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

761 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

The All-Seeing Eye will solve yer problems!

sturmklinge

Rippin' Kitten

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

451 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

spike: as leo said - you will get the best experience of atmosphere with fh on publics. best teamplay (as always) in clanwars. but you can't compare "driving my tiger and killing some stupid bots" with "advancing in a ha-go and 2 supporting infs on battle of makin, while two fighters have a dogfight about that island..." (including this very nice motorsounds and dopplereffect)... or goldbeach... it's stunning on publics.. you miss a real intensive multiplayer-experience if you don't play it by your own.

AussieZaitsev

Revenge was here.

50 XP

14th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,970 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

i was in wolf about half an hour and got TK'ed for a Val on Guandalcanal D: