{DX}MaZor

{DX}Faction Leader

50 XP

1st February 2004

0 Uploads

24 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Will the fan maps still work with .6 or has too much changed? I know this has happened with other mods.

[11PzG]matyast

[11PzG] clan leader

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,175 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

I think it has.....anyway, those maps a generally bad....maybe except for operation crusader, and Korsun......

I wouldn't miss any of the rest...

shrinerr

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Nancy is good except the textures.

[11PzG]matyast

[11PzG] clan leader

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,175 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Ok, I forgot that one.....but still, all the others are not as good...

shrinerr

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Ill agree with that, i can't think of any other good ones.

Az*

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

3rd November 2003

0 Uploads

107 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Yer hopefully they dont work with 0.6,i dont like to criticise ppl's work as they put many hours into them but whoever made the map kaukusus(sp?) was smoking some strong sh1t,and whoever tested them was smoking even stronger sh1t.

shrinerr

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Yes I agree..some of those maps were just..not thought out..not well made and not well tested.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Well, i do think hours of work went into them, they were made with the best intent for all of us and all they got from us was a load of shit.

That is not fair.

I hope the creators of those maps will fine tune them, correct bugs, add some more vegetation and better textures, remove the sharp edges and stuff, re evaluate spawn points and more of that stuf and re-release them for 0.6

Goes for old FH maps as Hailar aswell.

These were not crap maps, they just weren't finished, or made with too little (bf1942) mapping experience. FH 0.5 was/is neither bug free and had less beautifull models/textures too. But FH is evolving and models andtextures look better and better.

Maps can grow over time into well liked succesfull maps, if they evolve too.

Az*

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

3rd November 2003

0 Uploads

107 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Ofcourse hours went into them m8,if u have ever made a map u will realise it takes hours just to add ur statics etc,thats without cp's and designing terrain etc.(kaukusus prolly took 5 mins but the rest will have taken a while) And i hope they dont re-release for 0.6,id rather they just used what they learnt to make complete new maps for 0.6

[11PzG]matyast

[11PzG] clan leader

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,175 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

True, I doubt Kaukasus would be seen again. Maybe as a totally different map, but not the same one. I mean that is the worst map ever.....I have no wish to offend, but that map needs a hell of a lot of tweaking still, and a lot more work.