Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#11 16 years ago

Whoa. I only know what I see ingame. I know that the Stug3g and Jadgpanzer and Wespe and all those vehicles are not assault tanks. They are long range "hope you dont get hit" spam weapons. So I pretty much just put them all in one category. Also, they aren't represented on all maps, but the more generalized categories mostly are.

Justifications:

Matilda 1 is a crap basket. It is so slow that most people dont even bother using it anymore. It fits best into the light armor, since it has no ability to harm tanks.

APCs have mounted machine guns, deployable machine guns, mines, ect.. so they fit in Light Armor also, as most of those are good weapons for owning infantry.

Panzer IVD is the most common Axis tank, so I considered it a MBT. I know it is an infantry support only tank. Same with Chi-Ha.

CrusaderIII is specialized in that it has a great powerful cannon but next to no armor. The PanzerIVH is a modified IVD which was the more common type, so I considered it a special tank. T-34-85 I have no idea. I know it's bigger and has a better gun than the T-34 so I figured it was one of those "we need more tank ownage so we'll strap a naval gun on a tank chasis" things.

The Jackson has the armor of a Sherman, not an easily killable artillery type armor. That's why i put it there.

Sorry, i meant Cromwells. :P And they are about the rarest MBTs I've ever seen being only on one level and there being only 2 of them. I figured they were an early-war type deal.

My whole classification was "how they work ingame" not "how they were IRL" which I really know nothing about. You can mix and match armor types and gun calibers but I think it all boils down to those categories with the bf1942 engine. Remember: Game, not lecture.

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#12 16 years ago

I own with the Matilda I. It is very underated you just have to sit back and patrol a certain area say the mountain pass and the last cap point.

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#13 16 years ago
Artie BuccoI own with the Matilda I. It is very underated you just have to sit back and patrol a certain area say the mountain pass and the last cap point.

Well as long as you dont have to move it, I guess it's a good vehicle. Give me a PanzerII any day over the Matilda1 though.

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#14 16 years ago

I use the Matilda as a mobile pillbox I can park my self outside of German spawn and butcher them with my .50 vickers. Its always funny to see the Germans desperatly shoot fausts at me while I am out of range.

Lt. Valentine

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,679 Posts

0 Threads

#15 16 years ago

planes terrors off the skies

Echelon

GF makes me horny

50 XP

16th October 2003

0 Uploads

65 Posts

0 Threads

#16 16 years ago
Artie BuccoI use the Matilda as a mobile pillbox I can park my self outside of German spawn and butcher them with my .50 vickers. Its always funny to see the Germans desperatly shoot fausts at me while I am out of range.

ehm? spawncamping?

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#17 16 years ago

Nope, offensive defense

StrangerThanFiction

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,110 Posts

0 Threads

#18 16 years ago
'[CNIOhioan']Was wondering what you guys like to drive/pilot the most. I will try to get a pretty good array of options in the poll... I voted Light Armor. I like the Pumas and the Daimlers the best, they are just fun to use. And if they are opperated correctly, nearly impossible to kill.

I would categorize things a little differently (like everyone else, probably) but I agree with you about fast light armored vehicles.

Rasth

Did it penetrate? Did it fu-

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

51 Posts

0 Threads

#19 16 years ago
Echelonehm? spawncamping?

What, you would just drive at the flag and get ~3 shots from faust? It's much wiser just to wait for infatry to come and take the flag...

My favorites are those lovely Armored Cars like Puma & Daimler.

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#20 16 years ago

Actually the churcill is in, but it doesn't have a skin yet ;)