Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I guess this has allready been asked a few times, but I couldn´t find another Thread about this. Well, with BF: Vietnam due released 19. March, what are the plans on the further development of FH. Will 0.6 maybe be the least release for BF 1942 (besides some fixes maybe) and will you then move on to Vietnam. Or maybe you´ll stick with BF and continue modding it for the time beeing. Probably you havn´t decided on this issue yet, since you probably want to wait untill Vietnam is released. But I think FH could really profit from the new Refractor engine, and converting things shouldn´t be all to hard...

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

no, save your money

Dee-Jaý

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

I´ll decide for myself if I´ll buy BF: Vietnam or not thanks. What I´ve read and seen so far looks very promissing and it has alot of potential. Some things still disterve me (class balance, not learnt from the BF patches, etc.) but simply the improved technologie is worth it. Ok I browsed abit and found a Thread in the Suggestions area about this topic: http://www.gamingforums.com/showthread.php?t=110535

Calvin

forum lurker extraordinaire

50 XP

18th November 2003

0 Uploads

54 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

It would be a bonus moving to the new engine, with all those shiney new features but take into consideration the amount of modelling and skinning as well as coding and re-formating it would take for a transition. Here's some reasons i can think of to the best of my primitive understanding of modding 1. they can't export to Vietnam any models that were made by Dice coming from BF1942- why? because to do so would be stealing their property.. in terms of models. 2. this would lead to massive amounts of work for the relatively small development team: they would not only have to make all the vehicles done by Dice but also textures ( i might be wrong), static models, buildings, animations and the works. As you can see, while BF Vietnam does offer some nice stuff, if Forgotten Hope was to switch over, we'd be playing HL3 by the time they can churn out a release. (Plus I don't want to buy Vietnam just for FH :P) Anyhow, I'm glad that you're looking out for FH :D BTW- here's an anti flame suit. (welcome to the forums)

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

It takes way too much time and effort to convert everything to BF:V, and the FH Devs want 0.6 to be a solid base to build on for future releases using the existing BF1942 engine.

Perhaps a little of topic, but I dont plan to buy BF:V any time soon. EoD 0.3 looks absolutly fantastic, and compared to BF:V 0.3 already has twice as many maps and vehicles. Its released this Friday (20th) btw and at around 6pm EST, not sure about the exact time though.

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

BF: V could be fun, it has many cool aspects but it sounds too "arcadish"(sp?) If it would have DC like gameplay, I would't buy it! Realism man! we need realism! (Keeping in mind to mentain game balance ofcourse). And I'm not really intrested in the Vietnam war, I'm a ww2 fanatic! I'm really intrested in all aspects of the war... it was and is my favorit history subject! FH should have to use all bf1942 static objects with EA's/DICE's permission, and that is not very likly. Well they could make it so that you would have to have both bf1942 and bf: V installed on your HD. And woul't all bf 1942 (custom) maps need to be re-done? or could't they be converted to bf: V?

Myxlminx

Fearless Leader

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

254 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

IMO BF:V is ugly as hell, take a look at that sh*t: http://www.worthplaying.com/press/127/screen_set_2_6_large.jpg Besides the devs already stated that they won´t switch to BF:V, cause they had to remodel all of DICE´s models...

zero_zero

I'm sonic the spacehog

50 XP

17th November 2003

0 Uploads

363 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

How the hell are they gonna make the Vietnam war rule over WOII? WOII's got more armies, weapons, battlefields everything. Vietnam is just jungle, jungle and some more jungles. I'll give it a try though.

Dee-Jaý

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

I agree that the screenshot you posted was rather ugly. But it seems to be a very old screenshot. This gallery shows better what you can expect: http://www.gamershell.com/hellzone_Action_Battlefield_Vietnam.shtml Just imgine these graphics in a WW 2 scenario....JUMMY !:naughty: Edit: And regard, that the amount of BF players will drop significantly once Vietnam is here, and this also applys for FH (that is allready lacking servers in Europe). So, you should really consider transforimg to Vietnam ASAP !

[KsR]SideWinder

Del Monte, I am your father.

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

89 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

I can see why most people have a certain resentment towards giving EA more of our money. I do to, after witlessly burning a further £40 on below average expansion packs, I am hesitant to buy BF:V. If you look at the official site and have a flick through the weapon and vehicle listings I should hope you are as impressed as I was. In total at the moment I counted 28 very different weapons ranging from AK47's and flare guns to tripwire mines. I counted 24 vehicles ranging from moblie helipads to towable artillery guns. Its even got a scooter, although I was dissapointed by the absence of a tractor, ah well you cant have everything :rolleyes: . If I was a developer of FH I would seriously consider upgrading to BF:V. But I'm no expert on this sort of thing, they just need to decide if its worthwhile and if its possible to accomplish without too much difficulty. In the end, its their choice - not ours.