torni

GF makes me horny

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

91 Posts

0 Threads

#1 17 years ago

I have played most of the biggest BF mods and I'll share some views about the top three.

My top3 include FH, Eve of Destruction and Desert Combat

When FH came out it was far superior to the others because of the realism and potential, but the 0.6 was in my opinion a step backwards.

The game balance was put aside for more realism and the new maps are in general too big or too biased towards either side.

I would be so clad to see good maps and fun and balanced game play instead of cool looking models and so called realism.

Desert Combat is the big boy that has every toy in the block but it is too arcade-like and the air force and vehicles are too powerful against infantry.

In the FH 0.6 the balance between infantry & tanks has gone more to DC model. Not a good thing.

Another bad thing about DC is the number of smacktards playing. I find it easy to dominate the game and frustrated because of the poor players.

Eve of Destruction is a good combination of the first two mods. It has more realism then DC but still is fun to play and the maps are great.

Too bad that with BF Vietnam there are too few servers to play.

In the future I hope FH team has enough energy to develop the game play and find new innovative things (the tank sights are great!).

I really hope the new map pack is better than what we have seen at the moment. Currently I'm disappointed when I see a server with only new pasific maps and huge and heavy boring maps.

In the end FH is still a great mod. Thank you for making it happen! Just wish these ideas would be helpful in the future.

Rush Limbaugh

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

1st March 2004

0 Uploads

66 Posts

0 Threads

#2 17 years ago

when i've played DC it seems the terrorists always win...so much for realism.

I sense this thread getting closed soon though.

Akatosh

50 XP

28th December 2003

0 Uploads

299 Posts

0 Threads

#3 17 years ago

Well, i have no problem with playing a biased map as long its realistic and it gets more fun if you can help turn the battle so the "underdog" wins ;) In my opinion of those mods you mentioned i actually like EoD but as you say..too few. DC is a joke though (except some maps , fx Basrahs nights is very beautiful and fun to play) FH 0.6 have made me to go from XWWII as my primary mod to play due to the somewhat realistic setting. As it is now i feel FH is the best mod out there (dunno if BG42 gets ported to BfV i maybe change my mind...) So no talk of this arcadelike "need balancing" plz.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#4 17 years ago
In the FH 0.6 the balance between infantry & tanks has gone more to DC model.

What mod have you been playing?

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

18th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#5 17 years ago

Ok so your saying that its hard to kill a tank in FH? one bazooka alone knocks out the majority of the tanks...and the expacks are even more nasty.

You cant compare DC to FH, two totaly different mods aimed at two totaly different audiences. I agree and confess (uhoh) that I play DC from time to time and that its a good mod, but they still cant be comapred gameplay wise.

VioLAtoR[xL]

Retteketet met je Bajonet

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#6 17 years ago

torniWhen FH came out it was far superior to the others because of the realism and potential, but the 0.6 was in my opinion a step backwards.

The game balance was put aside for more realism and the new maps are in general too big or too biased towards either side.

What a load of bull, 0.5 wasn't balanced at all, and had just a few maps. How on earth can someone claim stuff like this, without the use of various kinds of drugs all at once?

shrinerr

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

0 Threads

#7 17 years ago

Expacks need to go.

AussieZaitsev

Revenge was here.

50 XP

14th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,970 Posts

0 Threads

#8 17 years ago

or become satchel packs :/

nosispower

GF makes me horny

50 XP

12th February 2004

0 Uploads

96 Posts

0 Threads

#9 17 years ago
Ply3r_17Ok so your saying that its hard to kill a tank in FH? one bazooka alone knocks out the majority of the tanks...and the expacks are even more nasty. You cant compare DC to FH, two totaly different mods aimed at two totaly different audiences. I agree and confess (uhoh) that I play DC from time to time and that its a good mod, but they still cant be comapred gameplay wise.

0.6 has weakened infantry against tanks. Tanks are never supposed to go into heavily wooded or urban areas without infantry support, or else they're just get raped by infantry with anti tank weapons. However, in 0.6 the range and accuracy of these anti tank weapons have been lowered so much that sometimes it's better to run up and throw some expacks on a tank. And if you by a miracle happen to hit a tank (you have to aim up by the way and hope the projectile arcs correctly) chances are that you'll only end up weakening a tank. While it still does more damage than say Vanilla BF or DC and yes some tanks do go out in one hit. It's still unrealistic to have the anti tank weapons both innaccurate AND weak.

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

18th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#10 17 years ago
nosispower0.6 has weakened infantry against tanks. Tanks are never supposed to go into heavily wooded or urban areas without infantry support, or else they're just get raped by infantry with anti tank weapons. However, in 0.6 the range and accuracy of these anti tank weapons have been lowered so much that sometimes it's better to run up and throw some expacks on a tank. And if you by a miracle happen to hit a tank (you have to aim up by the way and hope the projectile arcs correctly) chances are that you'll only end up weakening a tank. While it still does more damage than say Vanilla BF or DC and yes some tanks do go out in one hit. It's still unrealistic to have the anti tank weapons both innaccurate AND weak.

It depends what type of tank you hit. I know for sure that if used right a Sherman, Panzer IV and any other mid-range tank will go down in one hit. Others like the Brummbar, take more than four. thats even if you hit it in the ass.

As for range and innaccuracy, your right also. The bazooka and the panzershrek arent that bad most of the time trajectory wise, but the panzerfaust is just plain wrong.