NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

18th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#41 17 years ago

torniThis is exactly what will happen to several unexperienced players. If they try a mod and have to battle against bad odds they will soon get discouraged and leave. They don't know the right tactics even if you and me do and they might just abandon FH before they do.

There is a risk of making FH a mod for elitists only if most of the maps available are designed this way. And in the 0.6 release this is the case.

Foy, Stalingrad, Breakthrough and the list goes on.

I'm happy that FH is different from Desert Combat in not attracting every smactard but I would like to see a lot of people playing it.

If people dont like the gameplay of FH, they dont have to play. BF1942 and/or any other mods may be able to cater for their needs, but I must admit FH isnt for everyone. I found BF1942 too arcady, so I chose FH instead.

It just depends what type of gameplay you are looking for, In my opinion you get a lot more fun out of a round playing as a team rather than doing a rambo impression.

torni

GF makes me horny

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

91 Posts

0 Threads

#42 17 years ago

'VioLAtoR[xL']

And what the hell is wrong with Foy or Breaktrough, Torni?

Well Breakthrough is not the best example, there you only face more powerful tanks. The map is too big though so you spend more time moving between flags than fighting.

However the point was that maps such as Stalingrad, Foy, Berlin outskirts start in a position where you have to do a full frontal assault against fortified enemy positions.

If the teams are equal in skill the underdogs are in a poor situation. This is not a very good way to win the hearts of new players that don't know the right tactics.

VioLAtoR[xL]

Retteketet met je Bajonet

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#43 17 years ago

I get it. You want Uberbalance.

And Breaktrough is only to big for the idiots who try to walk from one spawn to another. Try using the vehicles. It helps.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#44 17 years ago

whats wrong with balance ?? if one side is over powered every body will join that side and that sucks ;)

VioLAtoR[xL]

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#45 17 years ago

Nothing's wrong with balance SPA... euuhh.. BAM. Keep in mind were playing a Realism mod and total balance will not be possible.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#46 17 years ago

yes its a Realism mod but i think it hould be some were betwen Realism and Balance ...

torni

GF makes me horny

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

91 Posts

0 Threads

#47 17 years ago

'VioLAtoR[xL']I get it. You want Uberbalance.

And Breaktrough is only to big for the idiots who try to walk from one spawn to another. Try using the vehicles. It helps.

Not really. I just think there is a way to make both sides different and still have enough variety in the tactics. Not best implemented where the other side starts on open field trying to get lucky.

Even with vehicles that map is too big and scattered. Best tactic to play is to have a team defend one or two flags for the entire round. That's boring if you ask me.

VioLAtoR[xL]

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#48 17 years ago

I give up. But I still think Breaktrough is fantastic. Go whine about laggy Prokhorovka, about unbalanced Stalingrad or Karelia for all I care. Don't mess with beautifull Breaktrough.

capacity.jpg

EDIT: Oh and before you re-post, shut up SPA... euuh... BAM. :rolleyes:

tvih

The Village Idiot from Hell

50 XP

29th December 2003

0 Uploads

718 Posts

0 Threads

#49 17 years ago

Well, gotta say I like Breakthrough myself. I've always played it as Axis (due to the good availability of StuGs), and it's always been a quite balanced battle, with the "front line" waving back and forth from assaults and counterstrikes.

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

18th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#50 17 years ago

Played a good round of Arnhem - 1944 this morning. A tiger I decided to take right turn off the bridge, and follow the road all the way around till it came to the flag (one under, or practicaly near to the bridge) I'd just spawned in the House and noticed the dull grinding noise from the engines. Having no AT weapons at all (was using a Bren at the time) I decided to pick up the Panzerfaust from the dead body of a german foot soldier. I wanted to make this a one shot, one kill. So I thought about hitting it on the back of the turret, because thats were it hurts most (Ive noticed sometimes if you hit it on the turret it turns it to the black smoke, even at full health) but the angle was awkward and not in my favour. The driver must of noticed the sound of my footsteps, so after nearly crapping myself when I saw the 88mm turret turning round at me I jumped onto its back, took aim down at the Engine block and pulled the trigger without a second thought. Stupid yes, but it worked...and it was at full health at the time.

So what your thinking? well it just shows that if used properly AT weapons such as the Bazooka arent as weak as people think in FH, they just have to be used tacticaly.