MR.X`

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

12,409 Posts

0 Threads

#61 15 years ago

this is a realism mod though.... the whole idea is to accuratly depict the battles, not make a tiger equal to a sherman.

PanzerAce

Some Guy...

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

736 Posts

0 Threads

#62 15 years ago
USMA2010this is a realism mod though.... the whole idea is to accuratly depict the battles, not make a tiger equal to a sherman.

who were you replying to? no one said the Sherman should be the same as a Tiger, hell, even vanilla isnt like that.

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#63 15 years ago
AussieZaitseverm breakthrough has no T34's and 85's, i assume you mean churchills and cromwells....

LOL my bad, I meant Prokhorovka.

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#64 15 years ago

I think the devs should aim for making "realistic gameplay", not "realistic models".

There is no point giving each weapon it's realistic values, if in the end it's being exploited in a non-realistic way. The biggest "unrealism" problem is the fact that once you die, you can respawn, so people have no fear for thier lives.

As a result, no matter how "realistic" the weapon figures are, the gameplay will never be realistic with all the suicide-expackers, suicide-pilots, people charging a spawn with a nade, infantry hopping behind a tank with an AT.

So, they need to sacrifice the "realistic figures" in oder to make "realistic gameplay"

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#65 15 years ago
'[SYN hydraSlav'](...) There is no point giving each weapon it's realistic values, if in the end it's being exploited in a non-realistic way. The biggest "unrealism" problem is the fact that once you die, you can respawn, so people have no fear for thier lives. (...)"

This also has to do with the respwan time: on most servers you will respawn in 3 seconds (or less) so it isn't a very big problem when you die, if all servers would set the respawntime to 30+ (up to 1 minute) then your live would matter. But this would (unfortunatly) make the game dull and boring. I too find it very ammoying to wait for 40 seconds but i also think that it is far more realistic (a respawntime of 1 day would be the most realistic thing but i don't think that that is a good thing to do) , the mod needs to work for both types of servers (the 3 second spawn servers and the 30+ second servers - althoough the 3 seconds servers is more commion). I nontheless agree with you. Realistic game play comes firdt and if that can be combined with a realisitc weapon then that would be great but some tweaks are needed to balance gameplay.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#66 15 years ago
McGibsOn Alpenfestung i took out a KT with one bazooka by jumping on it's back. Got many cheers from the surrounding infantry.

ive done that to but on Battle of bugle its kinda easy ....

D_Day_Dawson

Missing in action

50 XP

7th August 2003

0 Uploads

750 Posts

0 Threads

#67 15 years ago
Großadmiral Dönitz...if all servers would set the respawntime to 30+ (up to 1 minute) then your live would matter. But this would (unfortunatly) make the game dull and boring. I too find it very ammoying to wait for 40 seconds but i also think that it is far more realistic...

Pity we can't set a higher respawn time for people who kill themselves - bit difficult to decide when it was on purpose though I would guess.