General Taskeen

FH Betatester

50 XP

24th November 2002

0 Uploads

659 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Instead of simple attributes pertaining to a damage system, why not actually have a physical damage system that can show up.

For instance, I shoot another enemy tanks top barrel gun and it would blow off and a crater would be there.

Or for planes, you could see all the bullet holes in the wings, fuselage torn in half, etc. or you could see "fuel" leaking out from an engine shot and the plane would slowly go into a stall or something.

Heck, I doubt any of this is possible with the BF engine...

Master Minder

FHdev

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

680 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Because we don't have a SDK ?

its simply not possible, and belive me our damage system is MUCH more than simple attributes ... you'll see it ingame

Lord Nova

Hamster of War

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

The best way to do damage without having to completely re-write the damage code would either be one of two options.

1- A sorta RPG like damage, a roll of the dice. Where you have the base damage then a dice multiplyer added to it. This can simulate very critical hits or deficiencies in the ammo or amor. For insance if a tank hits another tank and gets a low dice roll, then it wouldn't do as much damage (which would reflect either a dud shot or an richochet).

2- Mulitple life bars pertaining to each armor's side. Since how does the damage on the front of the amor reflect the damage on the back? Its just not possible to believe that the armor is an accumulated life bar and a whole percentage of what it can take. Its more believe to have different faces of the armor that can take different amounts of damage seperately

I wish they could add the physics of armor penetration like how Combat Mission does but its just really not possible and would also take a long time to code (fuzzy logic pertaining to real world physics isn't exactly a pinpoint science you know).

Maximus

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

700 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

Master Minder I have to say you are exciting me with that talk of your damage system.

Kunzz

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

Thx for the information Master Minder,sounds indeed very promising :D

S1l3ntSt4lk3r

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th May 2004

0 Uploads

2,627 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
BAMhmmm i think FH will go for 100% Realism...

more about 65% nowadays

FactionRecon

11PzG Grunt

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

3,889 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

meh, we'll settle at 75%. There are some aspects that are spot on, like the rifle damage system, but others in tank combat need to be fixed.

Lobo

All your base are belong to FH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

6,883 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

The return of the Living Dead Thread (April 2003) :eek:

S1l3ntSt4lk3r

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th May 2004

0 Uploads

2,627 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

well i was searching through the forum and found a thread similar to the newer one so i wanted to see the difference from the new and old one and what has changed since then

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,241 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,015 Posts

6 Threads

#10 14 years ago
LoboThe return of the Living Dead Thread (April 2003) :eek:

Wow, more than one year. This one must be mumified already!