[DC Dev] Tanelorn

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

WHile playing FH I noticed alot of sound issues that are easily corrected (if you know what you're doing). So here are some tips based on my experience: 1- You are using some stereo sounds for long-range sounds. This was happening for several tank fire sounds and a few others (the grenade toss 'klang' sound). When you use a stereo sound, the game can not give it a directional source. It sounds as though it is occuring right on top of you. So make sure all sounds that can be heard more than 3 meters away are using mono. 2- Your sound channels are being sucked up heavily. It's not uncommon for a battle to miss about 50% of all the sounds you should be hearing, due to the sound channel competition. Make sure you are giving lower priorities for unimportant sounds and sounds that travel long distances. Break up a sound into several different range sections, giving a lower priority for every 100-200m of distance. 3- DO NOT FORGET to terminate a sound by giving it a -1 value in the volume ramp! Example: *** Distance Volume *** beginEffect controlDestination Volume controlSource Distance envelope Ramp param 200 param 300 param 1 param -1 endEffect If you only use VOLUME 0 to terminate the sound, it will not actually terminate and the sound channel will be used throughout the entire map, sucking up resources. Keep up the good work. FH is far more fun than Original BF1942. .

SgtStryder

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

9 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Yeah I hope they fix some of these, my biggest beef with FH is the sound issues :(

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

612 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Oh yeah, and thanks for repairing my tank the other day tanelorn :p :D

Lobo

All your base are belong to FH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

6,883 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Thanks a lot, Tanelorn. Posted in our private forum ;)

Darkstar726

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Also if its possible to optimize the new sounds for surround sound and eax, please do :)

[DC Dev] Tanelorn

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago
LordKhaineOh yeah, and thanks for repairing my tank the other day tanelorn :p :D

NP Khaine a Tiger / Engineer combo can be unstoppable! And on Market Garden we were soooo owning them!