Cochise

click...boom

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

286 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

When are you guys going to announce that your taking submissions for the .6 FH fan map pack? or are you going to have one? When can us mappers get the .lst and .cfg files for .6? Are there any conditions involved such as standards etc.? When is the deadline for submissions? How many maps will you choose? Are you going to raise your standards from the last fan map pack? How are maps chosen?

Am I jumping the gun a bit here ?!?! LOL :fistpunch::fistpunch::fistpunch:

ArminAce

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

21st December 2002

0 Uploads

678 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

when its time we will announce

ZR2man

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

113 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago
KillorLiveFrom the quality of the .5 mappack, I would say that I don't want to see another one.

Very true.

[L³]

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Question is, if there's going to be a fan map pack, will it be included in .6, or will it be availabe after .6 comes out as an addon file.

Peacekeeper<..>

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

6th December 2003

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

I don't know, Giza was fine, never lasted more than 15mins though. Zielona Gora? was fine, never understood why people thought it was unbalanced. Operation Chariot was fine. Kaukasus suxor'ed though. Weinhelm could have been much better, had a lot of good battles on that map, until people got the hang of it. Then it was real bad. Norway waste of space on a hard drive. Operation Bagration about half and half. Just gives more options to play than the same 10 - 15 maps everyday.

General Taskeen

FH Betatester

50 XP

24th November 2002

0 Uploads

659 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Korsun, imo, was the best map out of that fan map pack.

Cochise

click...boom

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

286 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Some were pretty good I thought. Korsun is great, Nancy is great, Operation Chariot good, Crusader is good, Giza I hate, but it is a quality map. Wernheim frustrates me because I think Kampfer just needed more time. It could have been a great map, but it is just not finished out well at all and I'm sure he's not happy with it.

Johnny Havoc made Korsun, Crusader and Nancy and he obviously knows what he is doing. They're all great maps IMHO.

The rest I don't really care for at all. Some are actually torture.

If they're going to have a fan map pack (and they must so I can submit my map!) they just need to raise the bar a bit and from what we've seen of the new maps coming in .6, the fan maps are going to have to be pretty damn good to come close to that kind of quality which is great.

I think they need to just announce it waaaaay ahead of time so peeps can get their quality up to the level of where it needs to be which can take a while.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

about 50% of the .6 maps are 3rd party, and they are very very well made.

Cochise

click...boom

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

286 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago
KillorLiveIf by "raise the bar a bit" you mean "completely fuck the current standards and start sending in REAL maps" I agree completely.

Yep, that is a roger! Someone should start a thread on what people hate the most and like the most about the current maps and maybe some of the features they'd like to see in future maps. What should be the new standard? What are some really big map turn offs, etc etc.

For me, I hate the battlefield 42 terrain kind of features. Smooth giant hills, nice pretty smooth-as-a-bowling-ball terrain. Battlefield landscapes that you can drive a jeep 50 mph over. I want the terrain to be as real as possible and as hostile as possible and I want lots of places to hide if it is appropriate. I also hate the Golf Course Green Grass.

NoDice

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th January 2004

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago
McGibsabout 50% of the .6 maps are 3rd party, and they are very very well made.

How can we submit maps to the FH devs for consideration?