SlamSlayer1

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

8th March 2004

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Alright so many people seem to be able to run FH near perfectly with my old card, a GeForce 4 Mx 440. I currently have a Geforce Fx 5600SE. The game runs smooth until you end up with like more than 10 different people on screen. Or even when no ones around the whole thing just goes into unbelivable chop. I have over a gig of ram so that cant be the problem. My drivers are all updated. Whats left for me to do?

suzukiltd

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

7th November 2003

0 Uploads

1,649 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

I have a Geforce 4 mx440 and it plays smoth with about 50 players on all the maps i tried. I try playing with 60 players and it was choppy, but it could be the server.

TheShadow

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

25th December 2000

0 Uploads

56 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Some maps, for example Outskirts of Berlin, are incredibly laggy. I hope they optimize the maps

suzukiltd

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

7th November 2003

0 Uploads

1,649 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

It wasnt laggy for me. Just turn the video and sound quality to medium. If it still lags, turn it to low. If its on high then no wonder it lags.

SlamSlayer1

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

8th March 2004

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

My stuff is down to medium. But im talking about im on a server. no ones around at all that i can see and it just lags like crazy, cant switch weapons or anything. cant go prone keeps making me jump back up to standing, etc. I think it might be my sound drivers. i remember lots of bf problems were fixed with that. if anyone would b so kind as to help me update it. Im not total computer n00b but my dad tends to update my drivers for me so i dont fux it up. and hes not around right now.

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Well the amount of players on a map has very little in common with graphical issues. If you experiance lag with lots of people around, it probably either your RAM (not with 1 GB though), poor coding (could still need to be optimised) or the lack of Bandwidth. If you play with a 56k or 64k (ISDN) you shouldn´t be surprised that the game laggs with lots of players...

TemporaryTomato

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

7th March 2004

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

I had this problem. Fixed it by activating hardware acceleration in the sound options. If that doesnt work, well... :uhm:

SlamSlayer1

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

8th March 2004

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Ive got a DSL connection. So what could be the problem?

nosispower

GF makes me horny

50 XP

13th February 2004

0 Uploads

96 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Not being able to prone sounds like a computer lag, not network lag problem. If you press the prone button and your player drops down but pops back up, then it's computer lag. I'd know, I have a slooow computer.

There are some BF maps which are just a pleasure to play without any lag even on a full 64 person server (Omaha), but some others are killers. Arnheim is a computer killer. I think for some maps where the fighting will be grouped together, the devs should take into consideration the people who have slower computers.

SlamSlayer1

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

8th March 2004

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Thats xatly what happens. What can Be done to fix it? It doesnt happen all the time and i wouldnt really call my comp slow. Its a pretty decent comp. Runs everygame ive ever played fine. Even Painkiller maxed out and thansome. with no lag at all, and painkiller is up there on the graphics level with like hl2 almost. Maybe not quite but its def one of the better looking games out now.