MG42Maniac

A man of dubious moral fibre

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

3,932 Posts

0 Threads

#21 17 years ago

SpideyI hate the damn Tigers. I snuck up on one with a T34 and shot it at point blank 5 times in the back only to have him turn his turret around and blast me once on the front side and kill me. I think the Tiger's bugged :)

I never liked the bazookas to begin with (it takes waay too long to reload, and you need every second in a heated battle) What I do sometimes is go Axis AT, go near an ammo box and spam Panzerfausts at tanks :lol: I got like 4 tanks once before I got overwhelmed by paratroops and infantry. Ya gotta love Orel :)

The tiger isn't bugged its just 1337, the only ways I have ever seen them get destroyed is from 4 ex packs on the ass, raped by allied planes, I fired 8 typhoon rockets into its ass and nothing but bombs work a treat I've never seen it taken out by tanks but then i've not been playing FH much.

DHC|Bazza

FH Skinner

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

171 Posts

0 Threads

#22 17 years ago

The thing I love most about Tigers is....theres normally a moron at the controls. They'll charge off on their own, often into a built up area and make them easy prey for a plucky engineer (me).

Major Fumble

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#23 17 years ago
DHC|BazzaI personally feel that the PIAT is severely under powered. Just as an example but on the night of June 5/6 at the Orne River Bridge (Pegasus bridge) a Panzer IVH which was part of a Counter-attack to retake the bridge was destroyed with a single shot to the rear. So at least it need beefing up a slight bit and being made accurate from a crouching position.

In fact that PIAT was the only AT weapon those paras had available. They had lost all other PIATs and all their no.82 "Gammon" grenades when they landed. It was a "do or die"-situation.

Perhaps the no.82 grenade could be included in FH? It was used by British paras. It consisted of an allways fuse attached to a cloth bag which was open at the bottom and gathered by a strong elastic band. When a grenade was needed against infantry a stick of plastic explosives was placed in the bag. If it was to be used against a tank, two sticks were placed in the bag instead of one. This would often be enough to disable the tracks of a tank.

Archangel85

Customtitles rock!

50 XP

29th June 2003

0 Uploads

795 Posts

0 Threads

#24 17 years ago

so basicly a throwable expack.

Master Minder

FHdev

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

680 Posts

0 Threads

#25 17 years ago

all AT classes had rifles in real life, the problem is: if we give the at classes rifles nobody would play the other classes anymore ... we gave the panzerFAUST guy a rifle becourse he only has 1 shot - the panzerfaust was a 1 shot and drop weapon - so its bit unfair if he would just have 1 shot and nothing else ... even if the panzerfaust is a heavy AT weapon and makes that much damage than 3 or 4 bazooka shots ... thats why the panzerfaust guy has a rifle and the other AT guys "just" pistols

Blehh

Rifleman

50 XP

16th January 2003

0 Uploads

2,894 Posts

0 Threads

#26 17 years ago
MG42ManiacThe tiger isn't bugged its just 1337, the only ways I have ever seen them get destroyed is from 4 ex packs on the ass, raped by allied planes, I fired 8 typhoon rockets into its ass and nothing but bombs work a treat I've never seen it taken out by tanks but then i've not been playing FH much.

I've yet to see the Tiger be destroyed. Seems everytime someone comes up against it, anyone near it gets raped. I know it's 1337, but is it 1337 enough to be able to take on 2 tanks and an AT class? :uhoh:

Rasth

Did it penetrate? Did it fu-

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

51 Posts

0 Threads

#27 17 years ago
SpideyI've yet to see the Tiger be destroyed. Seems everytime someone comes up against it, anyone near it gets raped. I know it's 1337, but is it 1337 enough to be able to take on 2 tanks and an AT class? :uhoh:

Tigers are actually pretty simple to destroy when you got plane like Thypoon. Couple good strikes from high above using cannons and rockets (nudgin the rudder propely so the rockets really hit where you want) and that's it.

Blehh

Rifleman

50 XP

16th January 2003

0 Uploads

2,894 Posts

0 Threads

#28 17 years ago

Bah I'm not the best pilot in the world :(

Noir Cheval

Big Muskel Guy

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

72 Posts

0 Threads

#29 17 years ago

To get back on topic, I have to agree with the first poster: FH is incredible!! I have never felt like I was more a part of a real battle than I do with FH! The first time I saw a muzzle flash from a tank, all I could say was Damn! And the way the dirt kicks up into the air when planes come gunning by and tank shells hit the ground is just superb! They've been some of the best effects I've seen in a mod! The sounds are excellent, too! Kudos to the FH Devs for such a great job, and I can't wait to see what's in the patches to come! :bows:

mr_Fish

>

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

106 Posts

0 Threads

#30 17 years ago
all AT classes had rifles in real life, the problem is: if we give the at classes rifles nobody would play the other classes anymore ... we gave the panzerFAUST guy a rifle becourse he only has 1 shot - the panzerfaust was a 1 shot and drop weapon - so its bit unfair if he would just have 1 shot and nothing else ... even if the panzerfaust is a heavy AT weapon and makes that much damage than 3 or 4 bazooka shots ... thats why the panzerfaust guy has a rifle and the other AT guys "just" pistols

But that 1 "poor" shot panzerfaust is actually much more powerfull then bazooka, in FH, so maybe it will be fair to remove the rifle from german AT class, like in bf1942, because now german AT is way more powerfull then allie's one.