Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#101 15 years ago

No, the KV2 is very different from the KT anti tank wise. It has a very slow turret, a slow reload, and armour everywhere. I don't think anything the germans can field in early war maps can really harm the KV2, safe a bomb on the roof and Flak18. The Cromwells can kill a KT with a number of flank shots. The PanzerIII and IV won't be able to do that with the KV2.

Ladigue

An island in the Seychelles

50 XP

4th February 2004

0 Uploads

216 Posts

0 Threads

#102 15 years ago
Major HartmannNo, the KV2 is very different from the KT anti tank wise. It has a very slow turret, a slow reload, and armour everywhere. I don't think anything the germans can field in early war maps can really harm the KV2, safe a bomb on the roof and Flak18. The Cromwells can kill a KT with a number of flank shots. The PanzerIII and IV won't be able to do that with the KV2.

Well, yes you have a point. I agree. But I'm hoping to see the KV2 in the FH as a real anti-inf juggernaut. Sort of a mobile MG pillbox with a slow loading bunker busting gun. If you put it on any map with early model PZIIIs/PZIVs only, please ensure that there are 88s to be deployed. If there are no 88s on the map, then the Germans are gonna need some satchel charges or other stuff. Stukas should do the trick as well. And please do not make it too common a tank on different maps. Almost 200 T34s were produced for each KV2 ever produced. So hopefully the KV2 doesn't start appearing on most Eastern Front maps. LaDigue

Driver

Tomorrow Comes Today

50 XP

29th January 2004

0 Uploads

823 Posts

0 Threads

#103 15 years ago

^ If you want balance, go play vanilla. Do you know how many 88's were available at that time?

Ladigue

An island in the Seychelles

50 XP

4th February 2004

0 Uploads

216 Posts

0 Threads

#104 15 years ago
Driver^ If you want balance, go play vanilla. Do you know how many 88's were available at that time?

No offense, but that's a really clueless response. You want realism? Be careful for what you ask for :) OK, for realism, we should have one KV2 for 180 T34s in FH. That's how rare the KV2 was. Only 330 manufactured as opposed to almost 60000 T34s. Yes, it might appear on some map, but if realism is what we go for KV2 is about as rare an WW2 tank gets. The legendary "88" was available in many different versions. First versions of the German 88 AA gun was developed back in 1928...i.e. a whopping 11 years before WW2. It was first used in the combat in the Spanish civil war. AND more than 40.000 88s of different versions were manufactured. Only some 330 KVs were ever produced. So about a hundred of 88s were produced for each KV2 produced during WW2. Off course, most were deployed in AA defense in Reich or in the occupied territories. However, once German learned that it made a nice AT weapon, they employed it in that role. It was much more common on the eastern fron than any KV2. The Germans employed the 88 both in small numbers as part of small Kampfgruppes but also allocated entire 88 AA regiments to AT roles at times. That might mean up to 80 88s if the regiment was up to full strength. Have fun against such massed firepower. Basically a typical non-AA division would have like 20 of them. It had lethal armor piercing capabilities and accuracy. But above all, it had an impressive 20-25 shots a minute rate of fire, whereas the KV2 could do 0.5-1 shots a minute. So, an 88 puts 20 to 50 times more shells in the air over the same time span. Huh? Want realism? Make 88s much more common than KV2s. And give both a realistic rate of fire and accuracy. See which one pwns. I mean any WW2 tank had a problem if faced by an "88" deployed in defense. Now, KV2 was never designed to take on something like the "88". It was designed to take out pillboxes/bunkers and to survive normal early WW2 AT weapons. The trouble with the 88 was that it wasn't normal. To quite a Brit on the desert, it wasn't fair that the German used it against tanks. And in a way it wasn't. It had optics good enough to shoot at high flying planes so they were so accurate that it was unfair. The rate of fire was unfairly high. And the AP shots they fired we're unfairly lethal, they cut through tanks like sliced bread. It wasn't a perfect weapon though, the crew has exposed and it had a high silhouette. These problems were somewhat lessened by the specific AT versions. LaDigue

{Jgd}Kirov

Super Noobified Uber Weapon

50 XP

13th February 2004

0 Uploads

154 Posts

0 Threads

#105 15 years ago
Major HartmannNo, the KV2 is very different from the KT anti tank wise. It has a very slow turret, a slow reload, and armour everywhere. I don't think anything the germans can field in early war maps can really harm the KV2, safe a bomb on the roof and Flak18. The Cromwells can kill a KT with a number of flank shots. The PanzerIII and IV won't be able to do that with the KV2.

not to get over anxious or anything, but does anybody else see what I think he just confirmed? of course it may be a typo and he may be speaking about real life... then again we may have a Pz III... who knows? edit: ah well, it was a nice thought. The PzIII would be a nice addition but, it would be outclassed on most maps i suppose.

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#106 15 years ago
{Jgd}Kirovnot to get over anxious or anything, but does anybody else see what I think he just confirmed? of course it may be a typo and he may be speaking about real life... then again we may have a Pz III... who knows?

I think he's talking about real-life, not Forgotten Hope...

Count Nosferatu

The Count Stalks...

50 XP

22nd February 2004

0 Uploads

2,100 Posts

0 Threads

#107 15 years ago

I don't think the Cromwell can do much harm to a KT in real life... [unless it got the tracks... but then the same is true for the KV2]

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#108 15 years ago

I wrote: won't . That doesn't specify any time.

{Jgd}Kirov

Super Noobified Uber Weapon

50 XP

13th February 2004

0 Uploads

154 Posts

0 Threads

#109 15 years ago

Understood, I wasnt trying to put words in your mouth just read to much into it. My apologies.