[TLB]FatFreddiesCat

Forgotten Company

50 XP

27th March 2004

0 Uploads

71 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Clan TLB have added a dedicated FH server to their server array. We hope to encourage this popular mod and make the server a permanent FH server. Our #2 Server running vanilla BF1942 is the most populated server of it's size in the world and is full 24/7, I'm hoping that the FH server can get to that level also. If you are in this forum then like me you really believe in the FH concept, and like me want to encourage the expansion. We need your help to help our #3 server stay FH and I ask the community to take a note of the server address and to visit and play as often as you can, bring your friends and use it for practice the ping is excellent. (excellent being relative to location, your modem, your neibours cable box, planet alignment ect!) We also offer free public TS channels dedicated to that server for both axis and allies so you can enjoy the spirit of team play. You can also use it to request a map change of to have any idiots kicked by the admins. All members of TLB have admin privileges. Clan TLB have 4 servers, I have fought hard to keep #3 a pure FH server but pressure from the EOD and DC guys will make it difficult to keep unless FH proves to be a success, so please help us to help FH. Server address: 204.157.6.35:14569 (note the port) FH TS server: 204.157.6.32 Any issues, email me at: [email="admin@thelazybastards.com"]admin@thelazybastards.com[/email] I'll be happy to set up the server for special events or practices. http://thelazybastards.com Thanks! FFC

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

"the ping is excellent" well that's relative now isn't it.

Eglaerinion

Vault Dweller

50 XP

22nd September 2003

0 Uploads

2,822 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

I am from europe and it's giving me a ping of around 100, which is pretty good for an american server. I'll come and play a few rounds later tonight cause I am uploading some big files atm and my upload is so damn low.

Huffardo

Arrrr!

48,770 XP

29th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,632 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

ASE shows ping 1008, but it might of course be wrong, but not so much that the ping could be called excellent?

[TLB]FatFreddiesCat

Forgotten Company

50 XP

27th March 2004

0 Uploads

71 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

*excellent ping statement edited!

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

I had 200.:rolleyes:

[TLB]FatFreddiesCat

Forgotten Company

50 XP

27th March 2004

0 Uploads

71 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

The servers are located on the east coast USA, the average for me... and I'm in South Florida is between 40-50, where are you located D-fence?

Huffardo

Arrrr!

48,770 XP

29th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,632 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

ASE showed ping ~400 for Wolfgaming, and when I last played there it actually was ~140, but still 1000 is, a bit too much, especially when Wolfgaming lagged... (due to my connection and location, I suppose, 512kbps DSL from Finland is not the optimum choise for American servers, could also have been my computer, more than 16 human players are sometimes too much.) ASE sometimes has like 30 in ping for a LAN server that actually should have 0 or 1, so I suppose I will have to test that server. EDIT: Now it's about 880, and wolf has about 1350... ->It must be something with ASE..

Cpl.Punishment

Putting the "Hip" in Hipocracy

50 XP

11th March 2004

0 Uploads

25 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Not being familiar with ASE, I'm wondering if the ping that is reported to the end user is the ping between the users machine and the server, or the ping between the server and the scanner that pinged it. I've had excellent connections with very low ingame pings (<50ms) from servers that were reported as 100+ms. Not that it matters. ;)

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago
'[TLBFatFreddiesCat']The servers are located on the east coast USA, the average for me... and I'm in South Florida is between 40-50, where are you located D-fence?

Sweden.