LeopardSeal

Back in the "Good old days"...

50 XP

20th December 2003

0 Uploads

334 Posts

0 Threads

#111 15 years ago
explamsterEl Alamein is a fantastic map for just about everything. Except Naval combat and dogfights. Eager to try out my new flight stick, I joined a server running the map. I expected the British to be slightly better equipped. The lone Spitfire took off, and left me with a Typhoon, one of the last two planes on the airstrip. With a sigh of resignation I took off and easily located a German armor column coming through the pass. The Typhoon spawned smoking, and was slow to begin with. I noted with some dismay that I had a single bomb slung under the belly of my plane. As I went into the dive, I began taking fire from a German fighter behind me. To my surprise, the Typhoon accelerated incredibly in the dive, and I could hear the engine increase in pitch as I neared the ground. Triggering off the bomb over a Panzer IV, I switched to the front chase cam to check my aim, when I saw the German fighter slam into one of his own tanks and wipe it out! I pulled a slow barrel roll out of the pass and circled over the heads of the Germans who had just lost two vehicles, one to their own n00b pilot! I now fly Typhoons for a livng. My lucky plane!

On El Al, that's actually a Defiant (the one without forward MG's), which is also a personal Fav of mine. With a good rear gunner, you can be a very deadly combo. Too bad it'll be replaced with the Kittyhawk in 0.6.

[11PzG]matyast

[11PzG] clan leader

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,175 Posts

0 Threads

#112 15 years ago

Yeah, that is one smooth a** plane. It is a great plane, eventhough it doesent stand a chance against fighters, but still, a great plane.

P.S. One sunny day, as the Sun rose over the scorched desert, our team of experienced combatants, got the order to defend the southern outpost, on El Alamein.

I had the job of destroying any enemy tanks that would approach the platteau. As soon as we secured the location, 3 tanks approached the base. 2 Crusaders and 1 Sherman. As the enemy approached, I went down the steep hill, and hid behind a sand dune. As the tanks came up to us, to my amazement, I noticed a Pnzr IV, opening fire on the tanks. The corageous tank driver took out one Crusader before he blew up. I decded to avenge this, and I sneaked behind the sherman(knowing that the sherman has the most armour, and that the sherman was the last tank, in the row). When I stood up with my faust, I saw that the tank was not a Sherman, but a Crusader, and it was the first tank in the row. I took my faust and shot the tank, he blew up at that instant. Unfortunately I also....cough*...you know.....

When I respawned at the top of the hill, the Sherman was raping our group(raping as in killing..). I quickly took out my faust, and killed the tank.(without doing ballet before the kill)

obliviousnation

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,424 Posts

0 Threads

#113 15 years ago

not much of a story but more or less a weird tale.....

we were playing the battle of makin and after 1 round every1 (well almost) agreed the map was crap and boring and that we should all meet up and have one huge knifing contest.So at the peak of the island all the axis and allies met up and strted knifing each other, having jeep races along the beach and marathons around the island.It was probably the best game i have ever played..... :clap: :thumbsup: oh and at the end all the allies killed me and my japanese friends....... :uhm:

Master Minder

FHdev

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

680 Posts

0 Threads

#114 15 years ago

dosnt look like this thread would grow much more - i suppose you can unstick it

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#115 15 years ago

Allright.

[11PzG]matyast

[11PzG] clan leader

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,175 Posts

0 Threads

#116 15 years ago

No, you unstuck it.........oh well.....I am guessing all the fun stuff on the forums will go away......first the tips/hints were removed and now this......where is the world going...