antigear

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I can see how they want to recreate the war as accurately as possible, but the fact is that the vast majority of people are not going to want to play on maps where they get to use outdated equipment and be most likely outnumbered 3-1. The conflicts the Poles and French were involved in are incredibly minor relative to the rest of the war, and it's not even worth the time. It would be better to just release 0.6 without all the minor nations and maybe add them in to 0.7. Currently, I don't think that all that many people are interested in waiting another month just to be able to play as the poles... FH needs a release soon or it won't ever be coming back off this lack-of-release popularity collapse...

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

You do have a point, but new content is new content.

Keep in mind the poles and french wont be faceing off against tigers and panthers. French tanks were superior to early war german tanks, and i personally want to have some fun with that double turreted polish tank.

As long as the devs are adding new stuff, im more then happy. It makes the mod more diverse, and in therory, should attract more people.

BlitzPig_Machine

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

182 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

I dunno...I know a lot of folks who are looking forward to the Poles and French. And as far as "soon" goes...one month is soon. We've come this far...and yes I think something should have been released sooner...but lessons learned for the FH team I should think. But then again, lets not forget this WAS three MODS. That's a lot of stuff to get to work right and package.

Plus, to be honest, FH has a lot riding on this release. So, I say take your time and make it right.

Anyway..I can't wait for all that stuff. Looks great...especially the Pacific.

StrangerThanFiction

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,110 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago
antigearI can see how they want to recreate the war as accurately as possible, but the fact is that the vast majority of people are not going to want to play on maps where they get to use outdated equipment and be most likely outnumbered 3-1. The conflicts the Poles and French were involved in are incredibly minor relative to the rest of the war, and it's not even worth the time. It would be better to just release 0.6 without all the minor nations and maybe add them in to 0.7. Currently, I don't think that all that many people are interested in waiting another month just to be able to play as the poles... FH needs a release soon or it won't ever be coming back off this lack-of-release popularity collapse...

You are entitled to your opinion, but I don't agree at all. I am very interested in all of the "minor nations" armies--the fact that FH is including them is part of what makes it a cool mod. Also, I think the equipment from the early part of the war is pretty interesting. You are right to the extent that a lot of people just want to drive around in Tigers and IS2s and feel omnipotent, but I don't think the majority of the people, on this forum at least, feel that way.

Turbo_tiger(DK)

FH dev & JagdPanther lover

50 XP

22nd October 2003

0 Uploads

240 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago
StrangerThanFictionYou are entitled to your opinion, but I don't agree at all. I am very interested in all of the "minor nations" armies--the fact that FH is including them is part of what makes it a cool mod. Also, I think the equipment from the early part of the war is pretty interesting. You are right to the extent that a lot of people just want to drive around in Tigers and IS2s and feel omnipotent, but I don't think the majority of the people, on this forum at least, feel that way.

I actually agree with the original poster, but not because I do not want to play those minor nations, but because what is allready there is not done yet. It is beyond me why they want to add relatively speaking insignificant armies, when there are so many things that need to be done about balancing the exsisting armies. If the devs can manage both in 0.6 then its great news, but if they can only do one of them, the minor nations should wait.

Mike 51

Bush/Cheney 2004 apparently

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

526 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

I'm not particularly looking forward to the new nations, but I'm not upset about them either. I respect their right to be in the mod, and the mod's decision to put them in. Personally, I would prefer some more and better British maps and equipment (bearing in mind with Hollywood as it is, you can't get much more 'forgotten' that the UK ;) ), but hey, I'm hardly impartial in that. I'm sure the loudest advocates of Polish kit are Polish, and so on. I don't mind their inclusion, I'm sure it will be fun regardless.

All I really want is new maps, equipment and above all balance, and 0.6 will hopefully provide that. It'll all be new content, which is good. If they release 0.6 without Poles and French it'll most likely be a 4mb balance patch, which is a waste. They've spent most of this time incorporating new nations, maps and equipment (recording voices as well, which is far from easy) so it'd be ridiculous for them to drop them now. If they did, as I said, we'd get a weak bugfix patch that could have been done months ago. The Polish seem to be the meat of 0.6, and I'm glad for it.

Bring on 0.6, just the way the devs want it.

[Edit] I bet 'insignificant armies' is going to cause some trouble... :)

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

...the polish seem to be the meat of .6? are you on crack?

theyve been in ONE update. ONE!

I'm guessing that they will have 1 or 2 maps in .6, with more to come n later versions. I'd say the meat of this patch is eastern and pacific fronts.

StrangerThanFiction

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,110 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago
Turbo_tiger(DK)I actually agree with the original poster, but not because I do not want to play those minor nations, but because what is allready there is not done yet. It is beyond me why they want to add relatively speaking insignificant armies, when there are so many things that need to be done about balancing the exsisting armies. If the devs can manage both in 0.6 then its great news, but if they can only do one of them, the minor nations should wait.

My impression is, that the original reason some of the armies are included, is that there are some team members from those nations (or with ancestors from them) who have a natural desire to see their countries included. Since FH is a collection of volunteers, and not a business, they have to keep everyone on the team happy, since they are not getting paid. The "get the balance right first" argument makes sense, up to a point, except that balancing issues change with every map, piece of equipment, and new feature that gets added, which is partly why the original BF1942 was so limited in scope--to make balancing really easy. So the balancing can't really be completed, until they have included everything.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago
AntigearI can see how they want to recreate the war as accurately as possible, but the fact is that the vast majority of people are not going to want to play on maps where they get to use outdated equipment and be most likely outnumbered 3-1. The conflicts the Poles and French were involved in are incredibly minor relative to the rest of the war, and it's not even worth the time. It would be better to just release 0.6 without all the minor nations and maybe add them in to 0.7. Currently, I don't think that all that many people are interested in waiting another month just to be able to play as the poles... FH needs a release soon or it won't ever be coming back off this lack-of-release popularity collapse... .

And you speak for the vast majority of the people on this forum?

What is a waste of time is listening to your incessant whining. If you dont want to wait for FH 0.6 go play DC mod and shut up.

There are alot of us FH fans that cant wait to see what the French Army can do to the Germans if given 1/2 a chance. They DID have better tanks than the Germans, some of their aircraft were actually better than what the Germans had and the French infantry never had a chance to show their stuff.

And since you have obviously not bothered to research your history, The Polish Invasion of 1939 was not a minor event. It was THE event that triggered the start of WW2.

And the facts are the Poles inflicted some serious casulties on the Germans despite being outnumbered 3 to 1. Since most BF games usually have even teams it means the odds will be even. Since both sides will be fighting with early war equipment the odds will not necessarily be in the Germans favor.

And BF fans love a good fight. As long as the gameplay is reasonably balanced and the weaponry works most wont care what they fight in since alot of this equipment has never been seen on the ground or in the air in a WW2 multiplayer game.

You are entitled to your opinion but quite frankly alot of us are getting sick and tired of the daily whining and criticizing to put 0.6 out before its done.

You will bitch and moan if it doesnt come out soon enough and you will bitch and moan if its released too soon and is buggy.

So shut up, sit back and have a Coke and smile. 0.6 will be out soon.

Mike 51

Bush/Cheney 2004 apparently

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

526 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

McGibs...the polish seem to be the meat of .6? are you on crack?

theyve been in ONE update. ONE!

I'm guessing that they will have 1 or 2 maps in .6, with more to come n later versions. I'd say the meat of this patch is eastern and pacific fronts.

You think creating a whole new uniform, recording voices, a whole new army worth of equipment/tanks/weapons and maps to match isn't going to be the meat of 0.6. Just how high are your expectations? ;)

I don't doubt there will be much more stuff, but on sheer volume the Poles will surely be the biggest single thing in FH 0.6. I don't think we'll see more uniforms (although maybe a well overdue British European one), many (if any) new weapons for Britain/USA/Japan/Russia, that I can think of. Some equipment, a few tanks, nothing that hugely springs to mind (although I'm sure I'll be corrected).

I think in terms of maps, yes, of course Poland will be outweighed by the others, but I think in terms of new skins and equipment it will be the meat.

Of course, I don't know any of this for sure. But I can say for sure that I've hardly had any crack all day, thank you very much. ;)

[Edit] Damnit the threads moving faster than I can type... that was for McGibs.