DHC|Bazza

FH Skinner

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

171 Posts

0 Threads

#41 17 years ago

To be quite fair. Forgotten Hope was initally intended as a 1939-1941 mod. It just so happened that the team (long before I joined) decided to cover the entire scope of the conflict. These early war battles I feel have a far great appeal. just because these tanks are less powerful it doesn't mean it's going to be harder to kill the enemy.

Also these early battle were just as dramatic as the mid-late war ones. Just imagine holding off the Panzers and luftwaffe on the edges of Dunkerque as the germans attack desperately against their rapidly deminishing ticket count as the Allies are gradually evacuated. I've suggested aspects to these early war maps which could very well add a spicey and desperate touch to such maps..

Also imagine having to cross a river with flimsey assault boats to capture a far bank of a river so a pontoon bridge can be constructed because the Polish engineers have blown their bridges to hault your advance?

Battlefield technology improved in response to the enemies own devlopments (minus a few technological disadvantages for the poles) So the action and intensity that comes with the fear of getting killed by only one tank shell will still remain, only that you might find that it is the Germans who will be feeling this more than the Allies in some cases...

Mike 51

Bush/Cheney 2004 apparently

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

526 Posts

0 Threads

#42 17 years ago

Cpl. MercutioTo Acomba Mike, the moron comment actually was supposed to be for antigear(a little confusion on my part, combined with getting up on the wrong side of the bed this mourning), otherwise I stand by what I said regarding reading up on what's already been said by the FH guys and in the forums.

Also, I label anyone who complains about the 0.6 version a whiner (or interjects with their "better" way to go about releasing it). We've all seen far too much on this topic. Lastly, if you haven't noticed, what you think isn't as important as what you can back up.

As I said, I didn't complain or interject my own 'better way to do it'. In fact, I believe I ended my comment "Bring on 0.6, just the way the devs want it." I think once again you've confused me with someone else.

As for reading up on what's been said, I have and I did. From that, I formed the impression that the Polish will be a large part of 0.6, although by no means the only part. If that's wrong, then a dev can tell me so. Until then, my analysis is as accurate as anyone else's, although I will be willing to admit that it may not be 'the meat' as I said before. Or, to quote myself,

"I think in terms of maps, yes, of course Poland will be outweighed by the others, but I think in terms of new skins and equipment it will be the meat. Of course, I don't know any of this for sure."

But I made no comment other than that, and it seems to be one a great majority took great exception to, even though (as I said before) I think the fact that they are a whole new army would point to their being a large part of the new patch.

But there seems no reason not to draw a line under that for now, unless you have anything else to add.

LeopardSeal

Back in the "Good old days"...

50 XP

20th December 2003

0 Uploads

334 Posts

0 Threads

#43 17 years ago
antigearI have all of 8 posts, 3 in this thread, 3 in another thread in off topic about helicopters from some time ago, and two in a support thread from a very long time ago. I'm not sure how exactly I'm stirring up trouble... Perhaps you have me confused with somebody else.

No, no, no. Read the words... The moron comment was for you, mostly in regard to you starting this thread. The troublemaker part was for the other guy, in refence to a few of his posts I've read lately, where he's added little to nothing other than baseless, obtouse (look it up) comments.

Mike 51

Bush/Cheney 2004 apparently

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

526 Posts

0 Threads

#44 17 years ago
Cpl. MercutioNo, no, no. Read the words... The moron comment was for you, mostly in regard to you starting this thread. The troublemaker part was for the other guy, in refence to a few of his posts I've read lately, where he's added little to nothing other than baseless, obtouse (look it up) comments.

Um any chance of you backing that up, at the risk of taking this even further off topic?

LOL also, I'll look up obtuse when you spell it right.

antigear

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#45 17 years ago
Cpl. MercutioNo, no, no. Read the words... The moron comment was for you, mostly in regard to you starting this thread. The troublemaker part was for the other guy, in refence to a few of his posts I've read lately, where he's added little to nothing other than baseless, obtouse (look it up) comments.

Perhaps if you were capable of correctly spelling obtuse, then those less knowledgable would be able to look it up...

Cpt_Nukem

Extremely confused..........

50 XP

27th May 2003

0 Uploads

765 Posts

0 Threads

#46 17 years ago

Guys, these forums aren't here for you to argue historical accuracy, and if you want to call each other names, there is a melee forum, use it, next time you get BANNED