BlitzPig_Machine

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

182 Posts

0 Threads

#41 15 years ago

Some mines, like the claymores and bouncing betty's, have a proximity type action...you can lay them near log traps too. :D

Dot Com

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

26th June 2000

0 Uploads

6,116 Posts

0 Threads

#42 15 years ago

Couldn't you just disable the 3d minimap in the mod somehow?

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#43 15 years ago

I don't know if you could disable it in a real sense of way. But if they would replace all the 3D map icons with blanks and make the text's color as transparent (if that's possible), then that could work

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#44 15 years ago

Don't know what you guys have against 3D map....

I read the minimap representing a paper map and all, great for orientation but how does the info where friendlies move come on that map eh ? That is litterally the same info displayed on the 3D map, and realisticly spoken that info can never be updated on your minimap while you are running, driving or fighting and be up to date on looking at it in a glance neither.

I prefer to see that in my gamescreen, so i am not distracted from my intended target. There were no real life pilots that spotted an enemy tank, drew a map that said it was a stolen enemy tank and then aborted the attack....REDICULOUS !! In fact 3D map is just a long range nametag view, that doesn't show enemy nametags. That way, the only thing it does is help orientation where help is needed (you can respond to calls for airsupport better and faster) and prevent firing/bombing on friendly units.

Because so many players steal enemy equipment wich is unrealistic aswell, this is the kind of tool needed to indentify enemy vehicles piloted by a friendly in a split decicison second before striking. Such a tool prevents senseless blaming who's fault the TK is. They say i should look on my minimap before opening fire, i say that is impossible in fast flying aircraft that makes me miss my mark, and they are looking like enemies in their stolen vehicle.....blablabla

I say it is a huge improvement over the in aircraft impractical to use minimap. Certainly in fog covered maps, and there are a lot of those in FH.

If you want hardcore realism you can have a map with only your own position on it, not those of friendlies and you will have no nametags. You cannot tell whatsoever who is in an enemy unit, and all vehicle stealers will be killed by their own side.....just because they cannot see who is in it.....THAT is realism....you will have to indentify all infantry and vehicles on silhouette, uniform and markings........i'll tell you i would like that, but the majority would not.

If you want a pleasant functional game with a minimum of TK, that 3D map is a very good tool. There is no excuse for half baked realism, where you can have namtags and an continous updated (mini)map watever you do, and cannot have that info displayed in a 3D map.

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#45 15 years ago
beast of warIf you want hardcore realism you can have a map with only your own position on it, not those of friendlies and you will have no nametags. You cannot tell whatsoever who is in an enemy unit, and all vehicle stealers will be killed by their own side.....just because they cannot see who is in it.....THAT is realism....you will have to indentify all infantry and vehicles on silhouette, uniform and markings........i'll tell you i would like that, but the majority would not.

that would kick ass, ,i want to have that :)

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#46 15 years ago
Beast of Warbut how does the info where friendlies move come on that map eh ? [/quote]As i said before, this info can be justified by friendlies communicating thier coordinates over radio and your "character" matching those coordinates to the grid on the map. As far as "running and glancing at constantly updated coordinates" goes ... well, i would prefer if the minimap could only be used in expanded view. But i am not the one that wrote this game, nor the FH devs could change this.
Beast of WarI prefer to see that in my gamescreen, so i am not distracted from my intended target.
Exactly, "make it as easy as possible" :rolleyes: ? At least by looking at the minimap you are distructed for at least some time (simulating you looking at the map in RL, where you would have to take off your eyes off the target). How do you explain having all this info instantly in front of your eye unless you soldier has a head-set with in-built computerized HUD [QUOTE=Beast of War] ... senseless blaming who's fault the TK is. They say i should look on my minimap before opening fire, i say that is impossible in fast flying aircraft that makes me miss my mark, and they are looking like enemies in their stolen vehicle.....blablabla

And i say this sounds too much like the first argument i had with you regarding you TKing friendlies because you cared more for your health, rather then opening the minimap; and i don't want to return to that argument.