Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#21 15 years ago

I don't think anyone's going to, at least not for a while.

Sydog

Proper Rocking

50 XP

6th December 2003

0 Uploads

82 Posts

0 Threads

#22 15 years ago

What if a 1942 mod is developed for Vietnam. I have been thinking of doing this, but am contemplating how to build a team together.

I've thought of having an open style to it, eg random people can choose to convert something and then submit the edited files. Who else would be interested in this kind of idea?

Lockheed

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#23 15 years ago

why buy BFV if your going to make it into BF1942 just keep bf1942 and Don't buy BFV

Sydog

Proper Rocking

50 XP

6th December 2003

0 Uploads

82 Posts

0 Threads

#24 15 years ago

Who says I can't play both.

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#25 15 years ago

because we dont want to suppose EA and their half assed efforts anymore then we have too.

perry07

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

15th February 2004

0 Uploads

6,510 Posts

0 Threads

#26 15 years ago

i think it would be cool if fh made a ww2 mod for bfV;) sounds good or sounds stupid?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#27 15 years ago

I seriously hope they DO NOT go over to BF:V. BF:V looks like another under polished piece of trash that has become EA's trademark, quantity over quality. Frankly, they got lucky with bf1942. I hope to GOD this isnt a precursor to turning Battlefield into one of their sports titles were they release it each new year with minimal additions. The screenshots (the ones that havn't been prerendered) are not much of an improvment over 1942. Infact I would actually be supprised if they actually tried to modifiy, optimize, or improve anything instead of just using higher poly models. Its also pretty sad they had to recruit the dc team to get the helicopters working right. Basically DONT convert, it won't add anything to the game. And will just require us to go buy a new game for new updates. EDIT: GG to the devs for posting somewere that I read that you won't be converting. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Velociraptor

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

10th February 2004

0 Uploads

8 Posts

0 Threads

#28 15 years ago
Lockheedwhy buy BFV if your going to make it into BF1942 just keep bf1942 and Don't buy BFV

Maybe you are right ! But Desertcombat could they made for BF:V ! BUT IM AM BUYING BF:V !!;) BUT I STILL THINK IT WILL BE MORE COOL WITH A WW2 MOD TO VIETNAM.. THERE IS D-DAY :naughty:

Sydog

Proper Rocking

50 XP

6th December 2003

0 Uploads

82 Posts

0 Threads

#29 15 years ago
Invalid Crash Its also pretty sad they had to recruit the dc team to get the helicopters working right.

Dice have had helicopter's in the engine way before DC was even thought of (Codename Eagle).

Meadow

You might very well think that

50 XP

21st February 2004

0 Uploads

3,000 Posts

0 Threads

#30 15 years ago

I've preordered BF:V. Will it run ok on a PIII 1.7 with 800mb RAM? I have a good Gfx card, so that shouldn't be a problem...

(Sapphire ATI Radeon 9600XT 256mb)

Oh, and I think FH should EVENTUALLY go to BF:V. Wait a few months, see how it is accepted by the community, perhaps have a widely publicised poll on the matter, and then convert to it if you feel confident enough.