<RaA>Furnace

Nike-a-go-go

50 XP

29th April 2003

0 Uploads

38 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

i was curious if FH will use the same system that BF42 uses regarding a player getting out a vehicle, then it explodes after a certain amount of time?

i can understand this as to not to have a bunch of vehicles littered about, but i thought that it was tied into the spawn system?

the only reason i ask is that what really irks me is moving a supply type vehicle into a a good postion such as an apc then getting out and having it blow up.

example is a great place to leave an apc is the south bridge in Battle of the bulge map in BF42, because there is not much in the way of medical supplies or ammo boxes in that area, and strategically parking a apc there and not having it explode would be a great.

i guess this could in a way undermind the strategic purpose of the map design, but it could easly be blown up or stolen by the other side.

Furnace.

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Yes, maybe increase the time before it blows up a bit but not take it away because what if the enemy team steals all of the other teams tanks then hides them in corner of map. Game would/could get unbalanced a bit too easily since no respawn.

Shin Matsunaga

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

10 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

Maybe it would be good to have certain vechicles like the APC not blow up at all because of their strategic signifigance and only respawn when they're blown up by the enemy or friendly units purposely while having other vechicles like Jeeps, motorcycles (your going to include those right? RIGHT?!?!), and certain planes that are prone to being left in very out of the way places blow up after time. I think tanks should'nt blow up after being left either since most people don't abandon them on purpose very often and it would be nice to leave your tank search a building and still have it there when you get back.

<RaA>Furnace

Nike-a-go-go

50 XP

29th April 2003

0 Uploads

38 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

yeah, that thought crossed my mined about someon driving the vehicles off to some corner..... i guess mainly i was thinkinh about apc's.a increased time would be better i think.

would be better maybe if only apc's supported their own army, not sure if thats possible or not, but then you have even more incentive to steal it...hehe....

just curious. i think in BF its rather quick between when you leave the vehicle and when it blows up.

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

Originally posted by Furnace just curious. i think in BF its rather quick between when you leave the vehicle and when it blows up.

That ones easy to do. Just change the timeToLive setting in the ObjectspawnTemplates.con ;)

ww2freak

Ingame name: Major.

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

648 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

I want realism and iwould vote for no explode at all.

but since the gameplay requires it, i am for the longest time possible before explosion. stretch it to the limit.

<RaA>Furnace

Nike-a-go-go

50 XP

29th April 2003

0 Uploads

38 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

i guess one thing that could be done is that instead of the vehicle providing the supplies itself, maybe it could spawn immovable ammo crates and or health lockers? course there would have to be a limited amount, and maybe they would explode themselves after a set amount of time?

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

Did you see the trailer video? The Gigant dropping ammocrates out the back? There ya go ;)

Lord Nova

Hamster of War

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

Speaking of which... is it possible to make vehicles just become "knocked out" and not blow up. That way at least people can abondan the tank or jeep if it breaks down. I mean not every tank just blew up when it was non-combat worthy.

Master Minder

FHdev

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

680 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

well we can set the time amount little bit higher maybe a minute or something like this (i'm not sure, maybe its set in the source code than we have no chance to change it)

would be bad if someone takes a tank and drives it for example in the mountains on the english base on gazala