Teuvo

NK

50 XP

13th July 2003

0 Uploads

145 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

i know that theres one map in fh with finnish in it but they speak german language :uhm: so can u make own radio messages for finnish troops? and own guns vehicles etc....

"my opinion is that finnish vs. soviet union foughts were big thing in ww2"

:deal: some links if someone is intrested about finnish warfare:

http://www.winterwar.com/mainpage.htm

http://www.mil.fi/tiedotus/talvisota_eng/

http://www.hut.fi/~jaromaa/Navygallery/Background/Wartime/cont44.htm

the Darkness VIP Member

Advanced Member

50 XP

20th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,333 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

The FH team are working on getting the Fins in the game as we speak. Just be patient and they'll be in before you know it.:smokin:

Tuge

Perfect Gentleman

50 XP

1st November 2003

0 Uploads

219 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

I hope Subbo is working them. :D

I know this is not FH-team top priority, but I'm finn, so it's natural that I want them. :cool:

Piispa

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

20th August 2003

0 Uploads

292 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

I bet subbo is the only one working on them... :P Nothing to complain with that, though.. subbo is one hell of an artist! :)

MkH^

FH tester

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,286 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Yeah.. I just hope that if you give them finnish voice commands you'll get a native speaker of finnish for them. Know what I mean? ;)

Regulus(ben)

31th Regiment Maisoneuve

50 XP

28th October 2003

0 Uploads

42 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Can anyone place links or just tell me what whas the action of finland in ww2,im just curious.But i know there whas a post whith a link somehere in there,i read it about 2 weeks ago cant find it anymore,and web sites iv fond realy are low on detail.

Skorz

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

452 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago
Piispa

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

20th August 2003

0 Uploads

292 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Well, here's a briefing on Finland at WW2:

In Molotov-Ribbentrop contract Stalin and Hitler shared the Eastern Europe to each others' sphere of interest - Finland belonged to Stalin's. So on 30th November 1939 Soviet troops crossed the border in mind to conquer whole Finland within couple of weeks. Their main plan was to strike from two fronts; first (and the main) was through Karelian Isthmus to Helsinki (capital of Finland), the second was to march through Finland's thinnest part to Oulu and cut Finland in half.

On both fronts Finland resisted and halted the advance of the Soviet troops. On the second front Finnish troops made probably their most famous victory: the Battle of Suomussalmi, Finnish troops (way short handed) surrounded the whole Soviet 163rd armored division and destroyed it (a tactic called "motti" and developed by the Finns). So Oulu never saw Soviet troops on its streets...

In Karelian Isthmus Finland had 2nd and 3rd Corps, about 130 000 men manning the bunkers of Mannerheim Line. On the other side there were the whole Soviet 7th army consisting some 190 000 men with 900 artillery pieces and about 1500 tanks. But Finnish lines held, and at the end of January 1940 Soviet troops got reinforced with the additional 13th army, against two Finnish Corps already beaten up but still kicking. On February the Finnish troops got also reinforced by the 1st Corps, but couldn't hold the wave... On March Soviets came through with pure manpower, and after 105 long days of fighting peace was made. Some say that Finland lost, but for Finns the ultimate goal was kept and thus it was a victory - Finland kept its independence which Stalin came to claim.

In 1941 hell broke loose again when Finland, accompanied by Germans, attacked the Soviet Union in order to claim the lost territories (and maybe a bit more). This war kept going till 1944 and Finnish troops advanced through the Karelian Istmush and over the old border (which caused England to declare war on Finland). Probably the most famous battle of this war is the battle of Tali-Ihantala, where (again way short handed) Finns (with the help of German equipment and pilots) halted the Soviet major offensive.

And when the fires of WW2 ceased, Finland still stood up as the only axis nation having no occupying army inside its borders. Finland kept its independence!

This is just a briefing and if you want to know more about some details or something, I'd be glad to tell. It's just way too much work to add all the info of 4 years of fighting in one post. ;)

There are some good links on the topic already, you could try checking them out! :)

Lt. Valentine

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,679 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

you people with your fins :lol:

Gamthen

I rax0r you all!

50 XP

10th May 2003

0 Uploads

586 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

I really want the M1931 in-game with the finns :smokin: i hope it doesn't get put in too many though otherwise the whores will whore. Also I want the finnish maps to have a kind of despair feeling, i mean imagine what it was like being them. All this coming from a guy from USA, so it's not just the finns that their army in so bad.