okiN

Duke

50 XP

27th August 2003

0 Uploads

495 Posts

0 Threads

#71 15 years ago

Since Flatline 44 are making a map about the Mannerheim Line as soon as Finns are finished, the next map by the FH team I want to see is definitely the battle of Tali-Ihantala. It was a bloody great row, and I want it in as soon as humanly possible without rushing it so it ends up crappy.

Myxlminx

Fearless Leader

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

254 Posts

0 Threads

#72 15 years ago

Hmmm I like the idea of having the finns and other Nations in FH, but at the moment the FH team should focus on the real important battles, which had been decisive for the progress of the war and iron out flaws in the gameplay.

Piispa

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

20th August 2003

0 Uploads

292 Posts

0 Threads

#73 15 years ago

Ivegottheskill, first you said:

IvegottheskillWhat the heck is it with the Finnish Army?!? FH should put the Polish Army in instead, after all the invasion of Poland is primarily the event that set the whole war off in the first place. The Finnish front seemed to be more of a side event in the over all view of things[/QUOTE]

Then you reasoned that one with

IvegottheskillI was merely pointing out that I think events of 1939-1941 (i.e. the era FH was originally supposed to cover) is of importance to this mod, and would make it a lot more fun and interesting over all.

And now you're saying that

[QUOTE=Ivegottheskill]Where did I say the Finland campaign didn't start in the 1939-1941 period? I didn't.

Please, get your shit together...

okiN

Duke

50 XP

27th August 2003

0 Uploads

495 Posts

0 Threads

#74 15 years ago
MyxlminxHmmm I like the idea of having the finns and other Nations in FH, but at the moment the FH team should focus on the real important battles, which had been decisive for the progress of the war and iron out flaws in the gameplay.

...which is what they're doing, as well as adding new features, weapons and vehicles to the mod. And as has been said the finns are subbo's private project, and the Finnish wars WERE quite decisive for the progress of the war. If Finland had fallen, it might all have gone VERY differantly.

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#75 15 years ago

Flatline 44 doesn't work for FH anymore.

okiN

Duke

50 XP

27th August 2003

0 Uploads

495 Posts

0 Threads

#76 15 years ago

Does that mean they're not making a Mannerheim Line map? NOOOOOOOO! That's not fair, we voted on it and everything! :(

Myxlminx

Fearless Leader

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

254 Posts

0 Threads

#77 15 years ago

No offense but, what would have changed if Finland would have fallen? The allies would have won or what? Besides, I meant important battles that everybody knows without further knowledge, battles everybody has heared of and not battles that noone outside of Finland knows. But I accept that if this is a kind of private project of a single person and if the whole mod won´t suffer from this, the finns should have their place in the mod.

okiN

Duke

50 XP

27th August 2003

0 Uploads

495 Posts

0 Threads

#78 15 years ago

If you don't know about it, it doesn't mean no-one outside of Finland knows. And I think Piispa has explained matters satisfactorily, but if you're too lazy to look for his posts, I'll quote from them.

First:

PiispaFinns binded Soviet troops into north when the Germans advanced from the south. Second, if Soviets had conquered Finland, they would've controlled the whole Northern Europe. Now, if you're brains doesn't comprehend what the Northern Europe (and the Baltic Sea) in Soviet hands would've ment to the war, take a map into your hand and check.[/QUOTE]

More on the same topic:

[QUOTE=Piispa]The importance of Finland was in the Baltic sea. Through Finland Soviets would've controlled the Baltic sea and thus could've launch direct assaults into the German soil. When the Molotov-Ribbentrop contract was signed, Soviets were in a hurry to buy some time before the inevitable German assault against them. So Finland was also a defensive barrier, coz Soviets did know that if Finland fell into German hands they could've launch direct assaults against Leningrad (which was in artillery range from Finno-Soviet border).

Piispa

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

20th August 2003

0 Uploads

292 Posts

0 Threads

#79 15 years ago

MyxlminxNo offense but, what would have changed if Finland would have fallen? The allies would have won or what?[/Quote]

Finland was techincally an Axis nation, though no formal alliance between nations of Finland and Germany existed. So if Finland had fallen it would've actually helped allies... But the map of Europe would've definitely been different.. Soviets would've probably been able to invade German soil years before Normandy, and thus the whole Germany would've been under Soviet influence after the war, not just the East-Germany. And who knows if Soviets stopped there; they might have just marched straight through France also... and Italy, and whole Europe. God knows, but I tell ya: it wouldn't been pretty.

[QUOTE=Myxlminx]Besides, I meant important battles that everybody knows without further knowledge, battles everybody has heared of and not battles that noone outside of Finland knows. But I accept that if this is a kind of private project of a single person and if the whole mod won´t suffer from this, the finns should have their place in the mod.

I don't think you can blame Finns for the lack of intelligence of others. If others doesn't know about the Finnish front, and doesn't want to know about it - well, it definitely won't make the Finnish front any less important. Finland was a barrier between Soviet Union and Europe.

CMSGT Johnson

I need an Enola Gay,can I?...

50 XP

4th October 2003

0 Uploads

244 Posts

0 Threads

#80 15 years ago

PiispaFinland was techincally an Axis nation, though no formal alliance between nations of Finland and Germany existed. So if Finland had fallen it would've actually helped allies... But the map of Europe would've definitely been different.. Soviets would've probably been able to invade German soil years before Normandy, and thus the whole Germany would've been under Soviet influence after the war, not just the East-Germany. And who knows if Soviets stopped there; they might have just marched straight through France also... and Italy, and whole Europe. God knows, but I tell ya: it wouldn't been pretty.

I don't think you can blame Finns for the lack of intelligence of others. If others doesn't know about the Finnish front, and doesn't want to know about it - well, it definitely won't make the Finnish front any less important. Finland was a barrier between Soviet Union and Europe.

Point well said friend. :D All though a hypothetical mod based on the Soviets succeeding in gaining control of Europe, would make a VERY interesting cold-war scenario. :)