Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I love FH 0.6 FLAK !!!

Often dual fire operated, these now pack a tremendous punch. They are also very efficient. Even the Destroyer mounted AA impressed me.....very nice weapon, sinks PT boats too :)

Excellent improvement over FH 0.5, thank you !!

79215ODB07BA0S6308F351I51G8ZQJC30WF85Q37BO268D99PQJ9DGNVNONJ

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Yeah, VERY cool Flak now. Though avoiding it is a pain with some of the fighters now... Wake was a real bear last night flying the Val.

PanzerAce

Some Guy...

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

736 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

the only problem i have with flack is on wake (and maybe other allied battery flaks) each gun only has one round, so the rate of fire is terrible

FactionRecon

11PzG Grunt

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

3,889 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

but with the guns on wake, it shoots four rounds at once, so if you hit anything, which is very easy to do, its a sure kill/downed plane!

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

I've noticed that with the vierling, a few-seconds of burst and a plane goes down. I like that, makes fighters think twice before strafing airfields. Also, I saw a guy on Fall WeiƟ last night taking planes down left and right with the towable 88. I was quite impressed. He had it hiding in a little clearing in the trees near the airfield (axis) and he just pounded away. Last thing I would like to mention is I kept getting knocked down by 1 shot at Crete last night. I was in the Stuka and numerous times I got punched out of the sky with 1 round. I would just like to know what weapon that was hitting me.

PanzerAce

Some Guy...

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

736 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

i know that if you manage to hit the plane with allied AA, its a sure kill, but the problem is hitting, with only one shot, you cant modify your aim. and they put multi barrels+more than one shot on Jap carriers, so why not ground allied AA?

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

The 3-inch AA on Wake is PLENTY deadly. It's rate of fire is slow on purpose. If it was any faster, given that you're firing BATTERIES of shells (which, I believe, cover a wider area than the usual single shot), it's not that tough to hit a plane. At least, it didn't seem so for the gunners who shot ME down. :)

You'll do ok in a Zero, but the Val is a different story altogether. The strategy for that map should be to bomb the hell out of the AA FIRST or kamikaze into it, with the Zeros providing top cover for the Vals. Once that's done, you move on to the primary targets -- anti-ship emplacements, troops, and vehicles. But the first step has GOT to be taking out the AA.

Luscious

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

2nd August 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

I have only flown a little bit in 0.61, but I got utterly pwned by the vierling on Bocage. I dove in, strafed some infantry on the ground in the German base, and pulled my P-47 up...and WHAM. That was it. The Vierling gunner only got a short burst on me, but it shot me up big time. I turned, trying to escape, but his second burst blew me to pieces. How is the allied AA? Any better than it was?

FactionRecon

11PzG Grunt

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

3,889 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

much....it now owns any plane it comes in contact with, which is quite often now that they are placed in batteries mostly

LeopardSeal

Back in the "Good old days"...

50 XP

20th December 2003

0 Uploads

334 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

I agree, the AA is alot better than it was. However, many of the AA emplacements still have the too high sandbags which block your view and kill you (the gunner) when you shoot them.