Griefmaker

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

22nd September 2003

0 Uploads

33 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Just interested, are you guys gonna include flamethrower class or tanks. Just reading about a german soldat in Bulge who met a yank platoon and fired his FT but just covered A yank in oil. One lucky son of a bitch!!!

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago
GriefmakerJust interested, are you guys gonna include flamethrower class or tanks.

There are already tanks in FH :/ And as for the flamethrower class, flames would just look ugly or create too much lag...

javierlopez

tester

50 XP

13th May 2003

0 Uploads

516 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

he is talking about flamethrower tanks

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

DUH! He said it in a way so you could interpret both, so I chose to make a joke and pretend to interpret the wrong thing... hahaha, aren't I funny :/

Ping_Pong

Rockin' the Casbah

50 XP

30th June 2003

0 Uploads

7,663 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Lightning you love that smiley face too much :/

Oberst Topgun

Herr Oberst Feldmarschall

50 XP

8th August 2003

0 Uploads

868 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

i think they want to include them, but didnt find a good solution yet. just look in the version history, it says: 0.56 (internal) "added vehicle Sherman-POA (TANK Flamethrower)" and later: 0.56b (internal) "removed Sherman-POA for the time being" so the intention is present ;)

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

The SdKfz 251/17, equipped with 2 flamethrowers would be great.

But I think they still have a problem by making the flamethrowers volumetric.

The same problem the devs of Natural Selection had with the old HalfLife engine.

Seems to be difficult!

InsaneJakester

G-UNIT and [11PzG] 4eva WERD!!

50 XP

22nd January 2004

0 Uploads

181 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Yea but they do have campfires in levels like Orel and Prokhorvka. When u step into these fires you yake damage. It could be like that but they'd have to make the flames look shitty to avoid lag

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago
InsaneJakesterYea but they do have campfires in levels like Orel and Prokhorvka. When u step into these fires you yake damage. It could be like that but they'd have to make the flames look shitty to avoid lag

Nah it is no real lag problem, since there are just "projectiles" within the flamejet, which check if you hit with that thing. It would maybe cause as much lag as a MG42.

Making it volumetric means, the flames (and therefor the projectiles) should bounce from walls, objects, etc or run along them.

That seems to be very difficult to make.

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

We might have more luck with flame-effects once Vietnam comes along. Just look at those Napalm bombs... And about the lag issue. I think we can be sure, that it wouldn´t be te flame effects that caused the lag. Just look at the destroyers muzzle fire. That dosn´t cause any lag...