Maximus

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

700 Posts

0 Threads

#21 17 years ago
the_moveNot quite! Most of the German casualties were in Russia. And most of them died by cold (it was a hard winter) than by gunfire.

Thats bullshit. I would love to see some statistics on that.

FreakNasty

Singlehearted

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

2,489 Posts

0 Threads

#22 17 years ago
bmargbWell the STG44, panzerfaust, Tiger, King Tiger, V1 and V2 were used in a important numbers. (milions of panzerfaust, thausand of STG44, thausand of Tigers, about 180 King Tiger, and hundreds of V1/V2 ) I don't want to teach anything, I only try to explain as better as I can.

V1 and V1 were great inventions in that time, but were never fully developed and were used to tyrannise the brittish public. The Panzerfaust and the STG44 were great inventions too, but also was the M1 Garand. For the hevy german tanks there was the airforce to blow them up. Also the allies had very successful tankbusters. Over 5.000 M10 Wolverines, and 1.700 M10A1 were produced. The M10 Achilles of the british was armed with the 17pdr and was even more succsessful. 2.300 M36 Jackson with 90mm gun were produced. I think the mod should not be ballanced like the allies get more tickets and die more often. Also i don't think the allies should get the totally airsuperiority and blow any tank with fighterbombers. There are ways to ballance by putting effective equipment and tanks and planes in as a good mixture. And all within historically correctness of introduction dates, armor values and firepower.;)

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#23 17 years ago

Italy really turned into a meat grinder for Allied men and material. Hell Rome was only captured a few days after D Day and fighting continuded in northern Italy throughout the war.

FreakNasty

Singlehearted

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

2,489 Posts

0 Threads

#24 17 years ago
MaximusThats bullshit. I would love to see some statistics on that. @ Bmargb I dont see how 200,000 Americans died at the Western front when less than that number died on all fronts combined for the Americans. And the Italian front 100,000 US deaths? WTF?

My books say, United States of America had 170.000 cassualties in whole europe.

Maximus

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

700 Posts

0 Threads

#25 17 years ago

darn you caught me......

I read the number you quoted and thought you were saying in all of WW2. Then I realized that number didnt sound right did a quick google and edited it.

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#26 17 years ago

The deal is Germany is the loveable loser of WWII. It is cool to like them because they well had the uber weapons. I can't wait till the French are introduced so the Germans will actually have to fight off superior armor and planes.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#27 17 years ago

Man, those french tanks were just too much for the panzers.

German tanks folded like tinfoil under those french behemoths.

bmargb

BF 1936 TEAM

50 XP

31st August 2003

0 Uploads

340 Posts

0 Threads

#28 17 years ago

I want to see more countries of the WWII, not only the english/american of all the movies... Please I want to see France in 1940, Poland in 1939, Yugoslavia in 1941, and others :D

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#29 17 years ago

McGibsMan, those french tanks were just too much for the panzers.

German tanks folded like tinfoil under those french behemoths.

Is that sarcasm or sieriousness? The only reason the Axis won in France was due to their use of Air power if the French had been able to produce enough D.520s they would have knocked out an amazing amount of German aircraft over France.

FryaDuck

All my base are belong to n0e

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

515 Posts

0 Threads

#30 17 years ago

The Soviet Casualities were 25 Million not 13.6. 1 Million Soviet casualities alone in Stalingrad (June 2002 calculation) with a life expectance of no more than 24 hours. The figures do not include POWs, by November 1941 the Germans had captured 3 Million Soviet soldiers, in 1945 the total was 6 million.

Production numbers for the Panzerfaust was in the millions hardly a negligible figure. The fact that all german armour was technically superior to the allied seems to be forgotten. This is the problem the Germans created for themselves, whether to follow the Tech line or mass production.

Look at the loss ratios (Western Allies only);

Stug (all types): 4:1 PzIV Specials (F2 onwards): 4.56:1 PzV Panther: 4.75:1 PzVI E Tiger: 5:1

Ultimately it doesn't matter how many you destroy if there are another 20 tanks shooting at you. This is how the allies won, pure numbers/logistics game. Casualities are irrelvant if you can continue to push forward and deny the enemy the battlefield. Near the end of the war Germany had reached maximum product 20,000 AFVs per annum but they were loosing 23,000 per annum. I don't need to tell you what that means.

I've read anecdotes about Normandy and the Falaise pocket where 15 Shermans were recovered/repaired, issued to green tank crews only for the mechanic to see them all knocked out the same day. Rinse/repeat.

BTW Fredrick Forsyth is not a good reference.