Blistex

Been here longer than you!

50 XP

21st May 2003

0 Uploads

480 Posts

0 Threads

#1 17 years ago

Ok, this is for all the people complaining about how big the FH mod is gonna be, and how they are not gonna be able to download it.

The Developers are saying that we can expect it to be around 700MB, maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less.

Does anyone remember when BF1942 first came out? There was the Wake Island Demo, it was about 110MB and we downloaded it and loved it. This is 700MB, so instead of it taking 10 minutes to download it will take just over an hour or so. If you don't have a connection that can download it within an evening use a resuming program from http://www.download.com like download accelerator or get-right.

Hell, I've got an average cable connection, but that didn't keep me from ammassing over 300 DVD rips off ***** and IRC in one School Year.

Just remember, FH is loaded with amazing content, new maps, skins, weapons, vehicles, and probably a bunch of stuff that the Dev's have forgot to mention.

I for one, and a lot of other people here are not about to give up our Panzerfausts, Matilada's, Elefants, SU-122's and Hurricanes just so "Joe 56k" can download FH in an evening.

If people keep complaining that they want a watered down demo, why don't they just go play RTR or SW?

p.s. this is freaking nuts that the word "Kaz44" is blanked!

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#2 17 years ago

I haven't seen anyone one that said they wouldn't download it because of it's huge filesize! I have heared lots of people say this though: "700 MB is huge!!! But this mod is certainly going to be wordt it!"

So don't worry too much about that :)

Lobo

All your base are belong to FH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

6,883 Posts

0 Threads

#3 17 years ago

Something that is important you know: Actually the private beta has 700-800 Mb because has ALL THE STUFF WE HAVE INGAME, finished and half finished, to test balance, see what models must be improved, test bugs and damage system.

Obviously all the half finished stuff, models not skined, maps with armies without enough weapons and vehicles will be removed for the public version to give you a material free of bugs and half finished stuff.

We will use the scissor this weekend and maybe the size of the mod will decrease, DC actually has more than 500 Mb and I don't see the problem.

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#4 17 years ago

Will the French make the first relase?

Lobo

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

6,883 Posts

0 Threads

#5 17 years ago

We are discussing it, my vote is No. We need to work a lot in the french army to give you a good stuff

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#6 17 years ago

that right there is thinker i think that if they are not included you guys should work hard and try to get the Italians and French in the next version.

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#7 17 years ago

Yeah we really want to put in the new Army's in the next version. Shortly after Friday we're going to post a 0.6 feature list, so you guys know what we're working towards in the next version. It's going to be a bit smaller than that size, we're not supporting every one of DICE's maps, and not carrying every one of our custom maps that are posted on teh front page. Only the best of what we've done is going to get released in 0.5. We think you'll appreciate it quite a bit more, and the time we've spent is not wasted by not having a lot of content, an enourmous amount of bugs have been fixed, and future releases should move along quite quickly ;)

Archangel85

Customtitles rock!

50 XP

30th June 2003

0 Uploads

795 Posts

0 Threads

#8 17 years ago

no finns?

Lobo

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

6,883 Posts

0 Threads

#9 17 years ago

The Karelia map will have finns with german equipment in the release.

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#10 17 years ago

At least give the Finns Nagants