Blehh

Rifleman

50 XP

16th January 2003

0 Uploads

2,894 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Is it possible to take the free mouse look from jeeps and apply it to planes? having to hold down a button then move the mouse while trying to keep the plane level with a joystick doesn't work too well. And yes I finally played IL2 Sturmovik :p

[CDC]Greywolf1

All my points are in the bank!

50 XP

2nd March 2004

0 Uploads

201 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

What do you mean when you said u pressed down a button and looked around...in FH or IL2?

Otherwiswe I think it's a great idea.

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago
SpideyIs it possible to take the free mouse look from jeeps and apply it to planes? having to hold down a button then move the mouse while trying to keep the plane level with a joystick doesn't work too well. And yes I finally played IL2 Sturmovik :p

No, that isn't possible. One severe limitation of BF is the fact that it only allows for 4 steering axis.

mondogenerator

Wolfgaming.net *****istrator

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Curtousy of Busta from the accomba/The Battlefields forums. This is for making the hat switch as a mouse type view. Won't be anything like Il2 though;) Nothing is.

Here we go -

1 In BF1942, in options under controls for air, choose a button easily accessible with your non-joystick hand and assign it to mouselook toggle. Save your settings hoser.

2 Go to your bf1942 directory, into Mods > Bf1942 > Settings > profiles > > controls > air and open the file called air.con. You will see these two lines in this file, about mid-way down. ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_PIMouseLookX IDFMouse IDAxis_0 0 ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_PIMouseLookY IDFMouse IDAxis_1 0

3Directly under these lines, you'll want to paste the following: ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_PIMouseLookX IDFKeyboard IDKey_Numpad9 IDKey_Numpad7 1 ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_PIMouseLookY IDFKeyboard IDKey_Numpad1 IDKey_Numpad3 1

Above, which is my configuration, notice the IDKey_Numpad* entries. Replace that whole entry with whatever buttons you have open(not necessary for these buttons to be reachable in-game, thus I use numpad keys). If I wanted to use B and C I'd use IDKey_B and IDKey_C. Save this file.

4 You now have 4 buttons assigned from your keyboard. Open your joystick profiler and assign positions on your joystick hat to those 4 keys, using the following order in the lines you entered for a guide. ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_PIMouseLookX IDFKeyboard RIGHT LEFT 1 ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_PIMouseLookY IDFKeyboard UP DOWN 1

5 With your joystick profile software running, you should now be able to hit your mouselook modifier, and use your hat to scan around the cockpit.

Hints/Considerations:

-Most hats have up/down/left/right positions, but also have diagonal positions. Assign these diagonal positions to you up and down keys, dependent on whether the diagonal you're assigning is an up or down diagonal. This makes scanning MUCH smoother.

-Your plane cannot be controlled while you're scanning, so do it fast.

-The next time you modify your controls inside of battlefield, and save the controls, you will lose the two lines you added and modified above. Be sure to save a backup copy of your air.con file in its modified form.

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

bah, still not what we want ;(. joystick to fly, mouse to look, screw the retards that fly with a mouse.

Froggin_Ashole42

My nationality? I'm a mut.

50 XP

5th March 2004

0 Uploads

530 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Yeah I like that idea. I never knew you could actually do that though,thanks for the info mondogenerator,I'll have to try that sometime :).

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago
striderx2048bah, still not what we want ;(. joystick to fly, mouse to look, screw the retards that fly with a mouse.

hmmm...well theres one well thought out mature opinion.

'screw the retards that fly with a mouse' lol, very untrue. I fly with a mouse, and anyone who plays FH on WOLF regularly will know I kick ass in any plane, and yes..I use the keys also. Its the same for a lot of players out there, a vast majority find it easier to use the mouse/keyboard, and do a good job with it too. Oh and there is the fact that Joysticks cost MONEY, some people would not rather buy one, others just dont have the money. I have a sydewinder joystick, and to be honest I prefer the mouse/keyboard combo.

so next time you revert to a stupid comment like ' screw the retards that fly with a mouse', use some common sense and think before you type ok ;)

.ximon

GF makes me horny

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

95 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

i fly with mouse strider.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago
striderx2048bah, still not what we want ;(. joystick to fly, mouse to look, screw the retards that fly with a mouse.

yea joystick is the only way to fly mouse sucks!

StoneyBrigand

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

21st March 2004

0 Uploads

39 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

I just want to be able to use my hat buttons to look around.