Mike 51

Bush/Cheney 2004 apparently

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

526 Posts

0 Threads

#31 15 years ago
'LIGHTNING [NL']I hope they add some good africa map with the Italians. It feels like they've been neglecting the Africa front.

Very true! Most of the existing Africa maps don't work amazingly well with FH, even though they were my favourites in Vanilla, and it doesn't look like anyone really cares about 'em. An Italian-British African map (for example) would sharpen up the existing guys (Brits) and give the Italians something to do, as would anything in Italy (where the Brits/Free French/Poles mainly fought).

obliviousnation

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,424 Posts

0 Threads

#32 15 years ago

the french were not the toughest sons of bitches in europe by any means! it would probably have to go to germany since they did take over france,poland,most of russia,denmark,holland (the list goes on) kicked us the british arses at dunkirk and put out a very good fight from 1944 to the final days of the 3rd reich.The russians were also tough sons of bitches but they arn't realy europe... in fact no country deserved the title of toughest in my opinion.They all sacrificed a lot for the war.As for the french and italians in fh this would be cool! i look forward also to a dunkirk map with brits vs germans early on in the war!

Ltrain

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

9th September 2003

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#33 15 years ago

I play french in ww2ol so I am very familar with all their equipment.

In the real BOF (battle of france, which was in 1940, also called blitzkreig) the french had poor command.

The germans massed their armor to support their infantry. The french spread their tanks out so the infantry did not have a lot of tank support. French tanks, mainly b1 bis and S-35 were almost immune to the under powerd german 37mm guns on the pz38t and pzIII. THe pzIV with its 75mm gun fared better but not much. Most Char's were taken out by 88's or due to poor maintenence broke down and ran out of fuel.

Also the roads were packed with refugees which made it hard for the french to move. Gamlin (the french commander at the time) was an old foggy. He used motorcycle's to send messages back and forth rather then use a radio. He had no clue on modern tactics. THey did not listen to Charles De Gaulle who told them the exact tactics the germans were using. Also french's biggest reserve army was sent into holland to help stop a attack up there. The attack didnt come through belguim or holland, it came through sedan. Thats where the 7th army was in reserve.

France outnumberd germany in Armor and infantry during the BOF. Germany ruled the skys most of the time due to them bombing the french and british planes on the air field. Also the french did not have a good air support doctrine for its ground troops. The stuka's really but a hurting on the french armor.

Ah, I could go on and on. Sorry.

Here is a guncam from ww2ol with me in the Dewotine D.520. The french planes were not that bad actually.

You will need divx codec 5.1.1

Guncam

Also here is one from the bell14a, aka p-39.

bellguncam

Meadow

You might very well think that

50 XP

21st February 2004

0 Uploads

3,000 Posts

0 Threads

#34 15 years ago
vexx0r[QUOTE=AntonioBora]Yeah...I don't know if you could call a country like france cowards. They had just as good of tanks as the germans, more tanks if you combine the bef. But, having WWI in your backyard (while it was never fought in germany) and losing 25% of your young men in that war can be a little disheartening.QUOTE] did germany loos men in WW1?:uhoh: and what happened to germany from 1918-30? what did franchies do to Germany as victors of WW1?:deal: as for "They had just as good of tanks as the germans, more tanks if you combine the bef" all I can say huh? I must have feel asleap in that history clas... as for italian and french army WOOT ARMY? :p :frog:

I want to physically hurt you. I really do. You are an uninformed moron who has no place in a forum where people usually back up their opinions with fact.

1) Yes, Germany lost men in WW1. They took out their rage by forming the Nazi government and restrengthening their army.

2) 'what did franchies do to Germany as victors of WW1?' - I'm sorry? Are you implying the winner automatically is better off? France and Britain took incredible causalties, as did Germany, but the French took so much military and economic damage it's difficult to comprehend.

3) 'as for "They had just as good of tanks as the germans, more tanks if you combine the bef" all I can say huh? I must have feel asleap in that history clas...' - a) Learn to spell, it makes you look like you might be saying something intelligent. b) Yes, the French tanks were actually BETTER than the German ones, the Char B1 Bis and the Somua S35 (inspiration for the sherman) were excellent and vastly superior to what the Germans used. The BEF was the British Expeditionary Force, the British Army in France. They had pretty crappy tanks, but when they worked with the French, they were actually pretty successful.

4) 'as for italian and french army WOOT ARMY?' - I'm assuming you're saying 'wot army' here. Well, let's see, and army usually consists of a force of men and equipment used to fight off an invader or fight offensively. Well, I think the French and Italians had those.

You are an anti-French racist. I can see it in the way you type, you take it for granted that everyone hates the French so they will agree with you. Well, that may work in Hillbilly High or wherever you obtain your abysmal education, but I doubt it will here.

Good day to you.

Meadow

50 XP

21st February 2004

0 Uploads

3,000 Posts

0 Threads

#35 15 years ago
Al Caponethe french were not the toughest sons of bitches in europe by any means! it would probably have to go to germany since they did take over france,poland,most of russia,denmark,holland (the list goes on) kicked us the british arses at dunkirk and put out a very good fight from 1944 to the final days of the 3rd reich.The russians were also tough sons of bitches but they arn't realy europe... in fact no country deserved the title of toughest in my opinion.They all sacrificed a lot for the war.As for the french and italians in fh this would be cool! i look forward also to a dunkirk map with brits vs germans early on in the war!

Germany is a given.

Why the hell would oyu want a Dunkirk map? It would be about as tasteful and fun as DC producing a suicide bomber map! I look forward to some early war French v Germans and British v German fighting, but fighting at Dunkirk would be boring and impossible.

I'm sorry, let me get this straight: You want a map where the British objective is to evacuate all their men, and the Germans have you slwol drive toward the beaches, shooting all in their path? Hmmm, who's going to have more fun? I doubt either side would enjoy themselves that much.

Myxlminx

Fearless Leader

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

254 Posts

0 Threads

#36 15 years ago

As I predicted.....army/country bashing. Calm down and be careful what you say, or you will struck by Lightning ;)

Meadow

50 XP

21st February 2004

0 Uploads

3,000 Posts

0 Threads

#37 15 years ago

I'm not bashing countries mate, I sincerely hope you're not accusing me of that.

Myxlminx

Fearless Leader

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

254 Posts

0 Threads

#38 15 years ago

Not exactly, but you could also ignore comments bashing the french and we all could be living happily along :D

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#39 15 years ago

Yes Meadow, please calm down, I don't want to close this thead. You might not be bashing countries but you are bashing other members.

raslin

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

9th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,062 Posts

0 Threads

#40 15 years ago

Aye...

Its funny how France seems to take more heat for ww2 than germany...

Everyone blames France for doing bad in ww2... You realize its america's fault? After ww1, France wanted to impose strong reparations and terms on germany, who would have been forced to accept them. America said no however, and compromised with the french. The germans were allowed an army of 100,000 and a demilitzarized Rhineland. They had reparations set, but no amount set. France in turn was supposed to recieve a defensive pact with Britain and America, to compensate. After it was all said and done, Senate refused to make the pact with france, and britain turned its back as well, so France was screwed from every direction. Also, France had strong naval confines, as for every american ship, they could only build like 1.75 ships(I might be wrong about this, read about it before when looking up french naval stuff).

About a year or two before ww2, the French government nationalized the air manufacturing, and instead of strengthening it, it got thrown into disarray, only coming together right before 1940. The french werent able to produce enough of their good planes(Leore et Oliver 451, D.520, Breguet 681[Wrong number], Farman F.222, etc).

The British expeditionary force had the Matilda II, a wonderful tank in 1940, but not in big numbers. Only in concentrated amounts like Arras did they do well.

Also, the British promised France lots of air support for the BOF, yet there was only little. It may have come through if the french had withheld longer, but it didnt.

In BOF, the Mobile Flak88 is the only german friend. The italians are just screwed :P