BlitzPig_Machine

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

182 Posts

0 Threads

#1 17 years ago

The 190 on the Crete map isn't historically accurate. The Fw190 made its combat debut over France in September of 1941. There were no 190s over Crete in May, 1941. Also, Stuka's played a large role in Crete it may be more accurate, proportionally, to sub two Stuka's for the Fw190 and a Bf110.

Great mod though.

FH_Hades

FHMOD Researcher

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

117 Posts

0 Threads

#2 17 years ago

We already know about that, this will be changed in 0.6

Thanks for your interesst, though ^^

DHC|Bazza

FH Skinner

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

171 Posts

0 Threads

#3 17 years ago

While we're on the suject of Crete and Aircraft. The B110s flight model is rather odd, sure you can do some gnarley stunts in it but recovery from a dive is suicide, she just flips over and does a full loop around the axis of her wings

FH_Hades

FHMOD Researcher

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

117 Posts

0 Threads

#4 17 years ago

We already found the reason for the Bf110 problems and solved them... should be all fine in 0.6...

ww2freak

Ingame name: Major.

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

648 Posts

0 Threads

#5 17 years ago

Well...don't put too many planes on Crete, otherwise, the Germans tend to camp on the airfield. 2 stukas should be enough and hystorically accurate. Remove the Fw-190 and the Bf110, perhaps. If not, leave 1 Stuka and 1 Bf110. And please limit the JU52 to just 3 planes, spawning on previous destruction, not on movement (i get Ju's behind me if i move the plane a bit...). And please modify the door control: instead of the fire button (which leads very often to having to manouveur the plane with "forward-back-sides + throttle + rudder" (not enough hands) + "fire" to open door: i have to get high enough from flak, reduce speed for dropping, rudder to point to drop zone + ailerons to lean plane a bit to point door to the ground + maintain it stable + open the door all the time. Please do this: attribute the same control to the door that you use on the landing boats door - the door opens and STAYS opened - the pilots just have to worry about the plane flight and stability.

ww2freak

Ingame name: Major.

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

648 Posts

0 Threads

#6 17 years ago

Oh, and is there any way to keep the paratroopers to SIT on their places -before the door opens? I always get some morons jumping around inside the plane which can be visible being "pulled" outside the rear of the plane in F10 view (rather inesthetic). If i could keep them sit tight until the door opens, that would be nice. It would be even more nice if the view of the paratroopers could be wider - i love looking at the windows and proppellers outside and almost feel the cold wind on the ears (hmmm, maybe a nice wind sound effect could be added with the plane speed?).

raslin

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

8th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,062 Posts

0 Threads

#7 17 years ago

I was wondering why the crete Bf110 is so bad, when the BF110 attack plane(forget designation, the one with 4 mg's) flys fine...

MkH^

FH tester

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,286 Posts

0 Threads

#8 17 years ago

There shouldnt be a Panzerfaust either in Crete.. Panzerfaust100 came to use '44.

DHC|Bazza

FH Skinner

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

171 Posts

0 Threads

#9 17 years ago

Neither should the PIAT, a suggestion would be to give the Brits the Boys Anti tank Rifle.

http://www.wwiitech.net/main/britain/weapons/boys/

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#10 17 years ago

Yes guys we know all this. You're gonna need the BF110's to deal with the British tanks and fortification around some places. They're not terribly effective right now because of the bad flight model. You also have to remember that those two bf110's don't spawn after the Germans take Hill 107 and Suda Bay ;)

AT Rockets are just placeholders, we're going to be doing AT rifles, and I've removed the fw190, not only was it not there (thought it was but I was a few months off ;) it's not at all necessary)'

And being able to move around inside is a good thing, you can get set up for the jump a bit early, and you can pack more people into the plane. Both good things, yeah you get dragged outside, but that's nothing we can solve, that's just what BF does.

I'm not sure why you're worried that another Ju52 spawns behind you when you move the plane, but you shouldn't have to, I moved all the German spawns over to where the Ju52's spawn so it'll be easier to get people loaded up.