||ASS||Variable

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

7th February 2004

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Why is the FW190 so superior to every other fighter in the game? Is that historically accurate? Intentional (gameplay-wise)? It's just as fast as anything out there, handles significantly better than everything airborne, and has a nice armament. I started playing the mod a few days ago and I already rock in it - and if someone else gets it, well, don't bother taking off to challenge him/her. I can't imagine it being balanced. What's the story on it? Thanks! (EDIT: I just saw the planned features for .6 - I presume that the revisions to speed and turning radius for the planes will resolve this issue. Or, I hope so, anyway.)

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

its it FIXEd .6.

CaPtAnInSaYnO

wankasaurus wrex

50 XP

17th October 2003

0 Uploads

292 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

according to devs, the entire flight model was redone, so basically that means flying a plane is a lot harder and n00bs dont stand a chance

dRaStiQ

Master and Commander

50 XP

26th October 2003

0 Uploads

580 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

yup :D

and that coupled with the pilot class thing should mean that finally the pilots are in the planes and the non pilots are on the ground doing what they do best :D

The Jackalx2k

FHmod Developer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,214 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Actually, I'd be the one to get up in the air to take it down. I'd choose a spitfire over the 190 ANY day.

Some people forget speed is the key sometimes and the 190 turns so hard it slows down way too much for my tastes.

Flight models have been changed in .6 drastically. It might need some fine tuning after we hear all the opinions of our fans of course. So we'll look forward to the input you guys have about it.

MG42Maniac

A man of dubious moral fibre

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

3,932 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

You would seriously take a Spit over a 190!!!

A normal pilot can shoot me down in a 190 when i'm in a Spit its so over powered the cannons kills in split seconds and it turns and climbs so 1337 its dam, hard to stop.

The only chance you have is to hit it fast from behind, but that rarely happens because you hardly get chance to take off.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

MG42ManiacYou would seriously take a Spit over a 190!!!

A normal pilot can shoot me down in a 190 when i'm in a Spit its so over powered the cannons kills in split seconds and it turns and climbs so 1337 its dam, hard to stop.

The only chance you have is to hit it fast from behind, but that rarely happens because you hardly get chance to take off.

It depends on the Spit model. The Bf109F was superior to the Spit MKII when it came out but the FW-190A almost sent a panic through the RAF. The Brits repsonded by putting a Merlin 45 engine in a Spit mkII and created the Spit MkV which was a good match to the Bf109F but the FW-190A was still a better fighter below 16,000ft.

The Spit in BF1942 is supposed to be a Spit MK XIV which should walk all over a FW-190A.

Shade_PW

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

761 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Weren't the later versions of the Spitfire one of the best fighters of that time? I would love to see different models of the Spit! And yes, the FW has a turning rate that not even a spaceship can beat!

raslin

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

9th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,062 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

I cant wait till the P-38 is fixed(I have no clue why they didnt give it the 20mm) and the FW190 is fixed... Then there will be dead german planes all over the battlefields...

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago
Shade_PWWeren't the later versions of the Spitfire one of the best fighters of that time? I would love to see different models of the Spit! And yes, the FW has a turning rate that not even a spaceship can beat!

A Spitfire Mk9, Mk 14, and Mk16 are better than a FW-190A or F, but a FW-190D would be a good matchup.